Schwinn Bicentenial Debbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up on the treelawn, I have been searching the internet but cannot find any information on this bike. It does not appear to have the original Shcwinn Pedals, hanldle bar grips, wheels, or tires. The date code is August of 1975. Is this a rat rod bike or did Schwinn make a Bicentenial Debbie bike?

Looks like the seat and sissy bar are an after thought, although I am not entirely sure if that model had a standard style saddle or if it did indeed come equipped with a banana seat and sissy bar. I would imagine that it had a standard saddle and this is like you said a "rat rod".

That Banana seat is AWESOME! I love it!

We did some more research on this rat rod. Turns out the Date code was H1 not HL, so is a 1961 Debbie Schwinn. The seat is from a bicentinial Huffy. The weels should be 24", not 20" for the Debbie.

The Debbie, and it's brother, the Skipper, were only made from 61-63. Would've had a blue & white S seat, or possibly even a cheaper version. -Adam

My first Schwinn was a Skipper that I got as a hand-me-down from my big sister. And just like your Debbie, I added a banana seat plus sting ray bars. I got grief from other kids because I kept the full length fenders which the Sting Rays/Krates never had.

rick

Latest posts

Back