Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DIABLO67 said:
Just bustin on ya brother! :lol: I have found quite a few myself including a 51 Black Phantom I'm working on now. They are out there, you just have to be vigilant on that Craig's list!
I hear you man, I'm hoping the deal works out on the two skip tooth Schwinns I might be getting. A 1950 his and hers pair. The guy just has to move some of his bikes first to come up with the cash side of the deal.

I just finished re-reading this thread (partially out of boredom, mostly for inspiration); and I love them all...
I also noticed my pic is gone, because I deleted it from my PB account, so here's a new one -or two.:

'75 Sting Ray with a Springer; baseline repro seat, and "special" sissy bar extension...
2013-03-05023033.jpg

download.jpg

It's a work-in-progress...

It's currently rolling on S-7 rims; until I can get an S-2 for the rear and a Slik. Plans have changed since I first got her, I'm just going to get it running tip-top; and try to get the shine out on the paint, followed by a clear-coat.

However; I've got big plans for the parts that Double Nickle sold me, and a donor bike. Details - and thread - to come..... 8)

BTW....how many of you noticed the "custom" two-piece rear fender? :mrgreen:

Fender is cool, I'd be worried leanin back on that sissy bar though! :lol: Paint doesnt look too bad man, a little buffing should make it shine like a new penny.

DIABLO67 said:
Fender is cool, I'd be worried leanin back on that sissy bar though! :lol: Paint doesnt look too bad man, a little buffing should make it shine like a new penny.

Heh... I try not to lean back too much. 8)

That's only temporary until I can make the super-tall sissy bar I have in mind. (My height after bending)

The furthest I'm going to go with the frame is a good buff, and maybe a set of repro decals. The guard will just be preserved, though.

The Mini Twinn was a one year only bike and is very rare! I have seen a ton of home made ones but only a handful of original ones.

Here are 3 that I have pics of (I likes me some straightbars! :shock: ) :

1937 Schwinn straight-bar - my daily rider

1365978810_zpsa976368e.jpg

1938 Schwinn straight-bar - my former daily rider

1356218528.jpg

1951 Schwinn Hornet - my wifes daily rider

DSCN1515.jpg

Latest posts

Back