Schwinn canti BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up wheels after dissemble with lots of elbow grease, OOOO steel wool and vinegar, new 12ga spokes and repack bearings. Anybody know anything about this stem?

Wald #482, AKA the "Slant Stem." Early 80s, maybe late 70s piece. Very nice.
loving your Stingray.

Don't think this is original to Schwinn. I remember changing the sprockets for fast take-offs so this is prop the result of that. All stock wasn't cool back then.

That's a 36 tooth Huffy sprocket, used on many of their bikes including the Thunder Road MX bikes. Very cool bike by the way. I did the exact same thing to a coppertone Stingray back in the late seventies when BMX was starting to take off in my area. I bought a Troxel BMX saddle, Wald rat trap pedals and BMX bars with a round number plate. I painted the frame and fork with Rustoleum gloss black and finished it off with nice set of fat knobby tires. We took a few too many jumps with that bike until the frame finally snapped while my friend was jumping it.

had those exact wheels on my first Schwinn, BMX was just coming into fashion back in '72 out in SoCal, where I lived, we would run whatever the best parts were that we had, scored that bike with a dumpster dive, lol, nice bike dude!...

I remember when Schwinn came out with the bmx. Spelled the end for Stingrays. Always loved that Collegiate green.

Latest posts

Back