Schwinn Continental for Dad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been working on this project for a little bit and figured I should post it here. It isn't by any means a rat rod but what the heck. Back in the day my dad bought a yellow Schwinn Continental with his own money. He wanted a super sport but couldn't afford it. So I got the idea of making a bike just like the one he had and giving it to him as a Christmas gift. I know that his bike had the following things:
1) yellow paint job
2) Schwinn speedometer
3) Union light and generator set

so far I have gotten the speedo, drive, cable, NOS bar wrap and of course the bike. I did run into a problem when trying to install the speedo drive it hits the fork where the flange is welded to the fork arms. If anyone knows how to remedy this issue I am open to advice. Also I need to find a light set. The one I am looking for is shown below.
lightset.jpg

and of course here is my progress.
IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8970.jpg

IMG_8969.jpg

IMG_8968.jpg

IMG_8967.jpg

IMG_8966.jpg

IMG_8964.jpg

IMG_8959.jpg

IMG_8958.jpg

IMG_8957.jpg

IMG_8956.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8953.jpg

IMG_8952.jpg

looks good nice color. i always like the continental not sure why. i got one hanging in my attic waiting for somthing to be done with it. as for the speedo im not too sure with that one but could you possibly rotate it?

nevermind just looked at the pic again. is there a possibility of spacing it out.

Latest posts

Back