Schwinn Cruiser Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool site. This is my first post. I just got this Schwinn cruiser from a guy I did some work for. Instead of paying me, he told me I could take my pick of the bikes he has. This one caught my eye for sure. He told me it was a 1969, but it looks newer. Maybe 80s? I plan on getting some fenders, an old school Schwinn seat, and maybe a basket. The 2nd pic is of the 1977 Schwinn Town and Country Trike I just restored. It's a cool ride for trips w/ my kid to the park. Talk soon...

69.jpg

IMG01492-20111118-1602.jpg

I don't think that is a 69, Looks like a 80's cruiser. Post the serial Number and we can tell you the year. I dont want to be the bearer of bad news in any way just thought you should Know.

ozzynut2 said:
I don't think that is a 69, Looks like a 80's cruiser. Post the serial Number and we can tell you the year. I dont want to be the bearer of bad news in any way just thought you should Know.

Ozzy is right, it's not a '69, but that is in no way bad news! :mrgreen: That's a nice coaster brake bomber that won't disappoint you. I'm digging the BMX fork, and it even looks like the wheels have heavy spokes. It's porbably 100% original as you see it right now.

The Town and Country is mint.

Serial # is: Y6901342. I did a little bit of research and found like justl like it that was a 1969. I won't be disappointed if it's newer at all. It's a really cool bike and a big boy bike. I'm 6'7", so this bike will work just fine. Thanks for all the responses and for looking...!!

X, the paint is 100% original. It is the "Sky Blue" color Schwinn did, even though it's more of a royal blue. Lucky me, right?...:eek:)

Latest posts

Back