Schwinn Dating help!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got an old feista tank bike today, and i got the serial, but i cant figure out which year it is. the serial is C422869. any help? :roll:

Nice find.

I always hope to find a roll of cash in an old bike tank. It'll happen one day.

thanks mark, i looked there, but i couldnt figure out which one it was. i found dates for 52, 53, 54, 57, and then 64. :roll: thats really weird though: my girlfriends birthday is the 8th of march, and im giving her this bike, built on the 5th. :D

Wildcat said:
Nice find.

I always hope to find a roll of cash in an old bike tank. It'll happen one day.

ha ! :lol: if mud dobbers and wasps nests were worth something id be a rich man

i found an un-used horn in mine. :D any way to fix the horn if it only works sometimes? everything is almost like new, the galvanized is still shiney, but sometimes it cuts out, just clicks, or beeps for a little bit. i know about the bunch o bikes page, but i would like some specific intructions on my problem if possible. i say this cuz the button works fine(they say thats why i would have an intermittent honk), and the copper contact is not corroded.

Schwinn Dating help!!!

I've always tried talking to them real nice first...but after they discover Im a RAT Biker,there aint no chance on a second date.(nose in the air SNOBS)

Sorry 'bout dat ^ (I couldnt resist) heh!

Looking at those dates, it looks like some were used more than once. I saw where it looks like a typo but there's no way to know on those numbered bikes, except to check the cranks. The date is stamped on the center portion on old Schwinns. The problem is you have to take them off to get to the date stamp. Maybe the bearings need some grease anyway.

2vvl7wx.jpg

oh the bike got a complete tear down an is getting a good scrubbing now, so ill check the crank. thought about it before but i didnt worry about it. im pretty sure it a march of '64 bike(sure looks like one) but its cleaning up nice. the paint was stained with rust and dirt, and srubbing it with wax and 0000 steel wool brought it right back. :mrgreen:

oh an magic, i dont blame you, i think the same thing everytime i see or hear somethin about "dating" any kind o bike. :lol:

alright so i looked at the crank, but the stamp didnt work so well so the number are kinda faint, and i can only make out S an 6. :roll:

MagicRat said:
Schwinn Dating help!!!

I've always tried talking to them real nice first...but after they discover Im a RAT Biker,there aint no chance on a second date.(nose in the air SNOBS)

Since you went there.... :lol:

Schwinn Motel

well however the numbers are put in there, ii cant read em. im sure that happens every once in a while.

Ratfink1962 said:
MagicRat said:
Schwinn Dating help!!!

Since you went there.... :lol:

Schwinn Motel
lemmie guess.. youve stayed there? :lol:

Latest posts

Back