schwinn dx or straight bar?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really want a tank for my 1955 schwinn bicycle but im not sure if its a dx or a straight bar. what is the difference?

The difference is you can get a repop DX tank like abe said for $95...but if it's a straight bar you have to find an original and they go for $250 and up. :shock: Gary

thanks for clearing that up. i have a 24 inch dx and a 26 inch straight bar. my tank plans are not looking so good...

Oops! No repop DX tanks in 24" as far as I know. If you want a tank bike for reasonable, sell the two frames and buy a 26" DX frame. Get a repop tank and build from there. Gary

2012-04-26143257.jpg

That will make a nice looking bike even without a tank. I love new chrome. 8) Besides, a tank will mess up your new Schwinn decal on the top bar. Gary

B607 said:
That will make a nice looking bike even without a tank. I love new chrome. 8) Besides, a tank will mess up your new Schwinn decal on the top bar. Gary

agree with gary, looks good as is, maybe make a tank board if you really want to but that this should look awesome with a bit of chrome bolted to it :D

thank you as far as the decal its just a vinyl sticker i had made at the swap meet the guy makes all of the schwinn logos for the top bar the fork chain guard any schwinn "decal" he also makes all the stencils hes really good and cheap!
B607 said:

I love the black bike! Nice work!!This is the kind of Schwinn we rode as kids up in Burien Wa. :lol: until the Stingrays came out! I am an old geezer!

Latest posts

Back