Schwinn Exerciser Stretch.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had fun riding my excersise bike around the neighborhood, so did the neighbors. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9852 But now I want to do something new with it. So here it is so far. Should I remove the seat post part of the frame or leave it in? The seat will be moved back close to the rear wheel.

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Re: Schwinn Excercisor Stretch.

Looking like a cool build! I'll keep an eye out...

The seat post bar looks cool, It could be moved back about 4 inches to make some more flow!

looks good! cant wait to see more of this stretch! :mrgreen:

Everything is just tacked together right now. I haven't ruled out moving the seat pole yet, but I will probably just leave it. Somewhere between mockup on the floor and present, the desired stance changed. I guess I will have to find or make a fork to correct this. I want the chain stays to be parallell to the ground. And right now I totally plan on ripping off FLETCH's jockey shifter idea viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14055 and plan to mount it on the bracket provided by schwinn where the old top tube meets the seat tube.

IMG_2069.jpg

It's a '57 plymouth savoy for door. It has the flathead inline 6 and has about 50,400 original miles. It was also Benny the jets' family car in the movie "Sandlot"It is in no way a rat rod. The VW and bikes are the rat rods. :D

Here is a picture of it anyway.

Img_0618.jpg

Back to the "Rat-Rod" I was trying to figure out what to do for a fork when I broke the spring bolt on this one. I was going to use it on another bike, but this will work so well. It gets the bike back to the stance I was looking for. It answered my question about what handlebars to use too.

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

I am thinking a fat whitewall on back and maybe a shorty ducktail or bobber style rear fender and a springgy seat. If anyone has a fender or seat, I may be interested.

holy ginormous sprocket batman!!! that thing looks sweet! i really like the way its coing together and that fork really helps the stance alot!

Easy E

Very cool looking! Kinda reminds me of the M/C in the movie "World's Fastest Indian" . It hads that Bonneville Salt Flat look to it. Question about the rear section? Do you think a brace across the bottom section right near the tire on the horizontal bar is necessary especially if you put a cornering load on it? :? :idea: :?:

Joe

NICE!......Definitely a "Bonneville" lookin bike!.....Yeshoney maybe right, looks like a long span from the BB to the axle, without a brace.........But then, maybe your not done "fabbing"..............ABSOLUTELY COOL!

I plan on adding a brace in the middle of the chainstays part for the stability of the frame, and a place to put a kickstand. I may also put a brace of somekind between the chainstays and seat stays as well for the same reason. I'll get it rideable and see if it needs them.

I got a seat figured out too. I am going to use the spring from the fork and have a single spring seat. I'll post a picture later.

I added some new stuff in mock up. I don't know if I like the new aditions. I kind of think simpler is better on this build. The seat is a good height for riding, but looks too high. I am thinking about either getting rid of the spring, and making a low profile seat that will sit right on the frame. Or I can just drop the seat about 2 inches by flipping the hardware around. Either way I might have to move the bottom bracket forward. The handle bars feel better up high. The low seat might help me keep them low as well. What do you guys think?

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

i think you dont need a chaingaurd, its just too much. and i like the lower bars. looks more streamlined.

Back