Schwinn for the old man

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an old Schwinn this morning for the price of a pizza (Little Caesar's) :lol: and I think it'll be a good Christmas gift for the old man. Yes, my father likes women's bikes... it's weird. I hope he doesn't see this. :oops: Anyways, it has a triple banded 2-speed automatic hub. :mrgreen: Where's the chain guard?!?! Anyone have an idea as to which model?

dsc00098ov.jpg

dsc00099ph.jpg

dsc00100ut.jpg

dsc00101kd.jpg

dsc00103ar.jpg

dsc00106auj.jpg

$5 dolla holla! Cool find, the old man should love the two speed. I'd guess about a 1964-ish American. I'll check to see if I have that guard in the garage for you.

The red band 2 speed was made 60-64. I looked through the catalogs, it could be a few different models with the paint scheme. The serial number should be on the left rear dropout, that'll give the year and narrow it down.

Zach, do me a favor and count the teeth on the kickback sprocket. I've found the girls bikes with red band kickbacks usually have a 19 tooth instead of the 18 tooth found on boys. (Boys should always be able to catch the girls...or ditch the girls. :p ) Gary

My older sister had that exact same bike, except it was a single speed. I think it was about 1964 when she got it new. We always called it the "tank". :lol: Looks to be in pretty darn good shape for it's age! 8)

Hay zack I got some pink fenders with the scwhinn light chain gurd and tank off of a fiesta if you would be interested ?

Thanks guys! Sorry that it took me awhile to respond... I appreciate the vast amount of information given! As for the parts offers, I think I have some stuff in the barn, but thanks for the offers! The bike is a '64. :mrgreen:

Cool ad, Barry! Thanks! :D

Latest posts

Back