Schwinn guys!...I need help on this one!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schwinn GUYS..I need your Help and knowledge!

this guys been sellin this Schwinn locally on Craigslist.
Is it a Collegiate ?
The Sturmey Archer rear says 1972 but he says the Frame Fork is older.
He said the Top of the Forks( crown ) is Rare! it has Humps on each side.
The headbadge may tell a few things..

here's the Craigslist link..
thanks for the help.
Kev.

Click here

Almost looks like a re-paint.

Here's the 1972 catalog, it might be a Suburban too.

http://www.geocities.com/sldbconsumer/1972/72cc1.html

BTW...I paid $50 for this original 69 Collegiate.

100_2223.jpg

that is an old one much older than 72. it is a schwinn world probably a traveler but hard to tell with the repaint. the badge is interesting and would like to see a better photo. one give away of an older diamond style schwinn is the chainguard notice how it has the two indented areas. also most if it has the original fenders the front has a peak in the center forward part. oh yea and most of the parts will have the old style stylized script on them rather than the more modern 70's style with the long S.

karfer67 said:
that is an old one much older than 72. it is a schwinn world probably a traveler but hard to tell with the repaint. the badge is interesting and would like to see a better photo. one give away of an older diamond style schwinn is the chainguard notice how it has the two indented areas. also most if it has the original fenders the front has a peak in the center forward part. oh yea and most of the parts will have the old style stylized script on them rather than the more modern 70's style with the long S.

thanks Karfer

no worries my friend. even though i try not to let on when i got into old bikes i was into original only and for a stint became a bit of a schwinn snob. then i saw a rat bike and it changed my mind to the ratty side :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back