Schwinn Heavy Duti klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bub

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just finished up my klunker build.
Besides a few trips around the block, I haven’t been able to test it out yet in the trails. I’m hoping to this weekend or next week.

Schwinn Heavy Duti frame with a bunch of klunker upgrades as you see including sealed cartridge bearings in the BB and headset and 3 piece crank conversion.

Let me know what you think!

9EFE1DF4-E536-43BF-9ADF-E35A295D64A4.jpeg

477824BD-6337-40DD-9B99-FC5AABCD88A5.jpeg

I just finished up my klunker build.
Besides a few trips around the block, I haven’t been able to test it out yet in the trails. I’m hoping to this weekend or next week.

Schwinn Heavy Duti frame with a bunch of klunker upgrades as you see including sealed cartridge bearings in the BB and headset and 3 piece crank conversion.

Let me know what you think!

View attachment 82968

View attachment 82971

Dig the color. Nice looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came out nice bud!
REALLY like that color.

Thanks! Rustoleum Satin Fossil. I was wanted to go a little more desert sand color like the Jeep Wranglers but this was the closest I could get. Also, the 3 piece worked out great! Thanks for the recommendation!

Looks great! I'm slapping one or two Heavy Duti's together for loaners for a USFS ride the end of the month...they won't look even remotely as nice as that :grin:

Jason

Thanks and that’s awesome! If you need a fork for it, let me know. I have the stock one.

Dig the color. Nice looking rig!

Thanks!

Took it out on 15 miles of easy beginner trails today. It did great! Can’t wait to try it out on some more advanced trails!

Bub, nice looking bike, I really like the color combination. What did you use for the bottom bracket? Thanks, Dave.

Thank you, I’ll be ordering one today! Where did you get the three piece crankset?Thanks again for your help, Dave.

Last edited:
The oval chainring is the reason I wanted to switch to the 3 piece bottom bracket. I’m planning on getting an Absolute chainring.

Latest posts

Back