Schwinn Hollywood gender bender - all but finished

Jan 10, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
Hello! I've enjoyed lurking this site for a while, and am really excited to become a part of such a creative, friendly community. I've been hanging on to this 24" Hollywood for a few years (unable to get rid of it really) and I was determined to make something out of a girls bike. A few weeks ago, I finally had a revelation and got to cutting.

My plan so far is some chopper influence on a 24" muscle bike. Keep the 24" S7 front wheel and dig up a standard 24" rear wheel with a 24x2.2 tire. Narrow ape hangers, banana seat.

The starting point:

26" Schwinn fork, top tube cut away from neck, and a 2" section added to the down tube, right near the bottom bracket:

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Welcome! Hit the introductions thread and say hello.
Bike looks cool, have a finish in mind? When in doubt flat black is always in season. I like the longer fork, will the S7 be skinny enough? Fat skinny on rats is always good too.
Avatar bike looks good. That yours too?

Carl.

Reactions: Falstaff
Jan 10, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
Gui
Welcome! Hit the introductions thread and say hello.
Bike looks cool, have a finish in mind? When in doubt flat black is always in season. I like the longer fork, will the S7 be skinny enough? Fat skinny on rats is always good too.
Avatar bike looks good. That yours too?

Carl.
Yessir thats a 24" Murray with big and little 20" wheels. its a grab bag of probably six bikes; rode it everyday, all weather, throughout college.

Also, I'm not sure if the S7 will be enough. 1 3/4" is all anyone can find for it; I thought about trying a 520mm tire but decided to follow the "rules" to start and see how it looks.

Reactions: GuitarlCarl
Jul 26, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Nice looking welds... and frame.
You should be able to use any 24" fractional tire (24×1 3/8, 24×1 3/4) with that rim. The skinnier you go the tire will have a lower profile from the side but still be the width of the rim. Hope that helps and welcome aboard.

Reactions: Funkme
Jan 10, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
Nice looking welds... and frame.
You should be able to use any 24" fractional tire (24×1 3/8, 24×1 3/4) with that rim. The skinnier you go the tire will have a lower profile from the side but still be the width of the rim. Hope that helps and welcome aboard.
I tried that, went to the local shop and bought a 24x 1 3/8" tire and it was way too big. I called upon Sheldon and found that SOME 1 3/8" tires are 540mm, whereas my S7 is 521mm and the rest are 520mm.

Jan 10, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
The 1 3/4" front tire is in at the bike shop, will pick that up soon and see if its skinny enough, or if I need to resort to a 24x 1 1/8" BMX tire for the "look". Rear 24x2.2 tire is mounted and looks good. Pictures this weekend!