Schwinn Panther "G I JOE"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice,clean and to the point...I like this build!GREAT!...Ijust spilled my *@#%&* iced tea all over my computer desk...can you say "KLUTZ?"...I can! But this bike is a really clean machine & I've ALWAYS liked the good
old Bendix 2speeds,they are the "small block Chevy" of multi-speed hubs...really nice job...CONGRATS!......Pappy 8)

Nice! I wish I had a garage full of ol' 2 speed kick-backs like I had growing up..... What manufacturer & color did you use for the green?

Thanks,

Rickochet said:
Nice! I wish I had a garage full of ol' 2 speed kick-backs like I had growing up..... What manufacturer & color did you use for the green?

Thanks,

Greetings, Krylon camo olive! Cheers

Yes Sir! Very Cool Sir! 8)

its a nick name. and if your here, you should know what schwinns are... fresh. meat. :mrgreen:

Why can't I see the bike?

dirtywater said:
0421060.jpg

0421064.jpg

Beautiful brass Schwinn head badge, pulled right out of the remnant of the war aftermath.

My life is now fufilled. Rat Rod Bike Build Off 4, After a hasty venture down to the bicycle boneyard, 6 feet under, I have made the most difficult decision of my life. A Schwinn Panther straight bar with the theme "G I JOE"

SchwinnPreWarGIJoe.jpg

The bike will be adorned with Krylon army green. Next, pick out the parts I'm going to use. A Schwinn Phantom crank with a 2 speed Bendix hub laced to original Schwinn S2 rims. Bolt on a rear rack some struts on the front and see what happens. Stay tuned. Cheers!

0421052.jpg

0421061.jpg

0421062.jpg

0421063.jpg

The G I JOE camo works well, can you see the bike?
Chain guard and rear rack almost ready. Schwinn original S2 wheels are painted in Grey with new spokes laced to a two speed kick back.

0421058.jpg

0421059.jpg

The frame is painted camo just doesn't show up very good in the shade. Stay tuned....

0421065.jpg

Finally complete, enjoy

0421067.jpg

0421066.jpg

0421068.jpg

0421069.jpg

Latest posts

Back