Schwinn Panther??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm not much of a Schwinn guy but I'm considering picking this one up.
I'm thinking its a Panther, is that right? Any ideas on year and value?

That would be a deluxe Hornet. Panther would have chrome fenders and a half chrome tank. Early-mid 50s. Looks nice, correct and complete from what I can discern from the photos. Uncommon color scheme. Fair price for both parties is probably 6-700$ but it may bring more on ebay. What can you get it for?

Thanks for the info.

The guy wants 850 for this and a real cool prewar sterling. Way more than I am used to spending but both bikes are super cool and in real good shape.

Is the Sterling the TOC company sterling? Or the Westfield/Columbia badged sterling? It's probably a fair deal depending on what the other bike is like. Pictures?

The color combo, skimpy chainguard, and thin fenders reveal it as 56 or so... watered down from earlier years... $850 would not work for me.

The later fork also confirms - very tail end of the balloon model. I do not believe the handlebars and stem are original or correct.

So I decided not to go for it. I don't love it enough to spend top dollar on it.
It's now on CL for 750 firm. If anyone is interested I can send you the link.

Latest posts

Back