schwinn rims/tires sizes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alrighty this is probably a question asked a thousand times but... i just got a set of 26" schwinn s7 rims that i need to get tires for... well question is that i have heard you can't just use regular 26" tires for these right? you have to get schwinn sized tires, or am i wrong??? :roll: i would like to get all white tires for these but if you have to get schwinn sizes that probably means my options are down to just a few.

Schwinns are crazy man. S-7 wheels are _ x 1 3/4. Not to be confused with _ x 1.75. S-5 and S-6 wheels are _ x 1 3/8. Not _ x 1.375. S-2 are _ x 2.125 and take normal size tires. If this isn't bad enough, it's not the width that's the problem. The diameter is the deal. A 26" S-7 is more like 27".

You'll most likely be limited to white or black wall. Even then the selection ain't that great.

A lot of people switch to generic everyone-but-schwinn 26 in wheel assemblies, or swap the rims onto their Schwinn hubs for this very reason. It just depends what your skill level is. The generic "26 in" rim has the largest tire selection of any. The Schwinn S7 rim has pitiful few.

Latest posts

Back