Schwinn Springer Fork Help - What size it this!?!?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, you guys are trying too hard...it is a special bolt, buy a new one and be done with it. You have spent more in gas and energy trying to find one than it is worth...and here it is...call Dan or wait a little while until a used one shows up...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Schwinn-Pha ... 336fdf7a8f

Am working on a 1963 Jaquar, having same problem. Believe it is a 10mm with a 1.25 thread. Can find acorn nuts with a 1.5 thread.

call memory lane classics, they may be able to help. Otherwise replace the whole pivot bolt with a new one.

ducky said:
Am working on a 1963 Jaquar, having same problem. Believe it is a 10mm with a 1.25 thread. Can find acorn nuts with a 1.5 thread.

Two different bolts completely. Your '63 springer has the pivot hole drilled through the legs. The OP's springer has the pivot going through a boss welded to the back of the leg. The bolt threads are different. And from what you are saying, BOTH styles are proprietary thread sizes. :roll:
Gary

I can't believe no one here has ever tried the bolt and nut off the Schwinn Exercise Bikes.I've been doing it for years.
Schwinn20Basic_zpscc29d4e5.jpg

Maybe its one of those odd German Made bolts that have an English hex head with metric threads? I know they imported Schwinn Approved axles made that way,I had a few.I'd take the above advice and replace the bolt too,not worth the trouble you've already gone through

At the same spot where the Springer bolt would be. It holds the two legs to the "fork" together just under the neck. Since these Excerciser Bikes usually spend their life indoors and don't have road wear on them, they're almost always in near mint shape. There are other fasteners on them that match Schwinn Bikes as well. I believe you can use the Speedo for 20 inch Stingrays as well. I used to buy these "bikes" at Second Hand Stores all the time for $20-$25 back in the day.

B607 said:
Which bolt/nut on the exercise bike matches the springer bolt/nut? Gary

Latest posts

Back