Schwinn Stingray: ALL ORIGINAL!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
If you read my other post, I showed the add where this guy calls this a Stingray, and that it was all original. :lol: Obviously that isn't the case. So maybe after some proding from members from this board he just called it an "old bike" and dropped the price to $30. I picked it up for $20. I'm thinking the frame is an AMF?

I'm thinking the older wheelset may look better on my son's Monark Pilot rod that I'm going to build. Plus they'll match. Other than that, I don't have a need for any of it. A member mentioned that the Stingray seat may be worth something, but I've posted some detailed photos of the seat and would like some opinions. I don't hold out much hope for it.

dsc0584s.jpg

dsc0585oi.jpg

dsc0587qs.jpg

dsc0589je.jpg

dsc0590cn.jpg

Good saddle for a rider. That type showed up in 68 and was used for a number of years on the fenderless Sting Rays. Looks like it might clean up a bit nicer. I use clear Goop to patch the rips in the silver saddles. It doesn't look too bad and keeps them from tearing any more.

I like the handlebars! Those would be great on a klunker build. 8)

What you have there is actually some pretty cool early BMX history.

Clearly that bike was set up back in the early 70s as some kid's BMX racer.

Before the first BMX frames were built, it was common for kids to convert their muscle bikes into BMX by dropping the banana seat way down low and throwing some MX style bars on.

Let me know if you'd like to part with the seat, sissy bar and handlebars. :wink:

got one of these the other day, and man theyre cool! trying to figure out how to get the rear bottom tube to sit level wil the ground so the top looks even more round. good score!

Latest posts

Back