schwinn straight bar gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i looked through the site trying to find a specific topic on my favorite frame and make of bike ever..the straight bar schwinn. i havent found one. so i would like to see as many collected in this gallery as we can get. i never get tired of looking at all of your bikes(even those that arent straight bar) but come on people..lets throw some love and eye candy in honor of the coolest bike ever made.

p.s. i will be posting pics of mine one of these days here shortly. its currently getting prepped for summer at the local shop

I'll bite...lol..Here is my 1953 Straight bar
WP_001656copy.jpg

Here is my 1952 or 53 Hornet. This is this years summer project. I found this in a farm yard in Northern Michigan around 1981 or so. Not real sure what to do with it yet? Rat rod , restore, klunker, ideas but nothing set in stone. Heck I have had it this long I guess there is no rush. IDEA'S !!!!!!
007-1.jpg

Its kind of hard to call it the coolest since I kind of like a lot of frames but I do like this frame. Last week I had to pass one because I didn't have the money. The guy wanted $200 for the frame and fork and it was prewar. The fork even had the truss rods. Maybe before the end of the year I'll have one!

thanks for sharin the photo..yeah, i like a lot of frames too..im simply a bike nut but for some reason whenever this frame shows up i have to get it..theres something about it.that has grabbed my eye above the others. even if its not your favorite frame keep the pics comin

bikejunkie said:
This should turn into a really cool thread!cant wait to see some vintage on this one. :D
i sure hope so man.seeing what some of you guys have done with bikes is amazing and i look forward to seeing the treatment on a straight bar. bring all your pics..from original to crazy.

Latest posts

Back