schwinn straight bar gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it’s a little out of context, but, it is a Schwinn with straight bars (actually, inverted “mustache bars”) :!:

2006 Schwinn Manta-Ray converted into a “zipper” (a muscle bike with handlebars equal to, or, lower then, seat height).
009.jpg

RatSphinx said:
Boo, Hiss, Boo! :wink: :lol: Those Mantas are cool though. :mrgreen:
Fortunately, that was just a temporary set-up; she was really uncomfortable to ride.

This is what she looks like today – somewhat.

Manta Ray Chopper
S5002220_zps8ce48daa.jpg

Just picked up this DX Pioneer. Gave it a navel jelly treatment to get rid a ton of surface rust. The tires hold air and I gave it a ride. Smooth as silk and not a sqeek. May just grease the bearings, pound out a few tank and fender dents, and get new grips and run it.

[/url

Araya51 said:
socal_jack said:
'49 Lincoln, was "Rat Rod Lincoln" in an earlier RRBBO but changed since then

IMG_0784.jpg
This thing is Kool "socal_jack.!!! Well put together...

Thanks, unfortunately this bike donated a seatpost, stem, handlebars and rims to the 37 Admiral a couple of posts up for RRBBO8.

Your 51 is a real classiy looking straight bar

socal_jack said:
Araya51 said:
socal_jack said:
'49 Lincoln, was "Rat Rod Lincoln" in an earlier RRBBO but changed since then

IMG_0784.jpg
This thing is Kool "socal_jack.!!! Well put together...

Thanks, unfortunately this bike donated a seatpost, stem, handlebars and rims to the 37 Admiral a couple of posts up for RRBBO8.

Your 51 is a real classiy looking straight bar
Thanks for the possitive words 'socal_jack".. I like to keep my bikes simple and yet with attitude and classy too.
Yeah the new cruiser look so KOOL. and yet I still like the old cruiser also.. You still planning to do something to the black cruiser.? What rear hub is that on the black cruiser and what tires did you use on the Admiral.? looking for some BMX looking tires for a project that I'm going to start here some time soon.. A 26" BMX cruiser Old Skool Style.!!!

Araya51 said:
Thanks for the possitive words 'socal_jack".. I like to keep my bikes simple and yet with attitude and classy too.
Yeah the new cruiser look so KOOL. and yet I still like the old cruiser also.. You still planning to do something to the black cruiser.? What rear hub is that on the black cruiser and what tires did you use on the Admiral.? looking for some BMX looking tires for a project that I'm going to start here some time soon.. A 26" BMX cruiser Old Skool Style.!!!

The rear hub was a Nexus 7( more trouble than they are worth IMO, probably have a few of those up for sale soon) laced a single speed coaster hub in for the Admiral(front hub re-laced also), like to keep things simple myself. The tires on the Admiral are Specialized Rollers discontinued a long time ago, picked them up in an LBS closeout bin like 10 years ago. The tires on the black bike are Maxxis Holy Rollers worth a look for sort of BMX style look (Kenda K-Rads are another) both nice and fat.

socal_jack said:
Araya51 said:

The rear hub was a Nexus 7( more trouble than they are worth IMO, probably have a few of those up for sale soon) laced a single speed coaster hub in for the Admiral(front hub re-laced also), like to keep things simple myself. The tires on the Admiral are Specialized Rollers discontinued a long time ago, picked them up in an LBS closeout bin like 10 years ago. The tires on the black bike are Maxxis Holy Rollers worth a look for sort of BMX style look (Kenda K-Rads are another) both nice and fat.
Thanks.. I appreciate the info.. Yeah was looking at those K-Rads but I'm kinda looking for some Old Skool knobby style tires. They'll pop up some where, just have to keep on looking..

Latest posts

Back