Schwinn style springer modifications

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, gentlemen.
Recently i was swapping parts between my Schwinn style springer forks, one i guess is from Electra, 1/8 and another one is i guess from Lowrider, 1 inch (not sure about the makers 100%, one comes stock with Lowrider Limousine, other one i got on 2nd hand Glide Deluxe, but i'm quite sure it is not original). I guess the distance between holes on the rods (what's the proper name for them btw?) was different, in the end i got less rake on one fork and more on the other. That did not seem to be a problem, but on one of the bikes i have noticed the hole for spring bolt on the crown got bigger, seems that with the higher pressure the bolt grinds the metal off the crown when traveling there. Did anyone had similar problem?
Anyway, the post is not about this, but that inspired me to remake my springer and build custom rods for it and probably custom crown, so it could easily take wider rims in future. And i wanted to ask you to post pictures of that kind of forks rebuilt, for me to get some inspiration. Also, if you have experience building things like that, i would be more than happy to hear it. Thank you!

Example of what i mean, the bike built by Fabian Zajączkowski.
15994515_1267277009977013_4990595868040983573_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back