Schwinn Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
got this trike for 25 bucks! anyone convert one of these to standard tire sizes?

Troy

I am in the process of doing a swap right now. The problem I have ran into is the hubs. The hubs that are on the bike, which are specific to the Trike is, they are 28 hole hubs. And trying to find a 28 hole 26" rim has become impossible. You might be able to find a 28 hole 24 " rim for a balloon tire. But I really want to go with 26" rims and do away with the 24" that it came with.
The tire/wheel that came on these are just to skinny. Not enough meat on the road.
So if anyone out there has some 26" 28 hole rims for a balloon tire, I will buy them ASAP.
Didn't know it was going to be so .... hard to find these wheels before I tore it apart. Now I have a trike in pieces sitting in my garage. And I would really like to get this thing back on the road.
I thought this was going to be a fun build before I started tearing it apart Now it has just become a headache.
So if anyone can help me locate some rims or has any suggestions, I'm all ears here.
JKent

I happen to see a place that I believe will sell blank rims. Local cycles in ny makes custom fat rims they might be able to do something . Might be on the high dollar side though.

i'm cool with the 24 inch rims and have a couple tht might work was hoping to find a easy replace. also it look like the rims may be fused on will try and get one off today.

Troy

It took me over an hour to get the rear rims off the axle.
It's no joke but they will come off. Just be sure to remove the pin.
JKent
i pb it yesterday, the little pins are rsted solid little lumps:39:

Latest posts

Back