Scored a Sunday on a Friday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored a new school scoot today. A Sunday AM 21. I've been wanting to try a new school BMX as I hear the geometry is good. (As long as you don't want to sit!) Love the 'wave' tubing on the down tube. I guess that is Sunday's signature.

Anyway I've had a couple bikes in the garage for a year that I picked up pretty cheap as flippers. I got a good trade in value for them at my LBS today, and put it toward this Sunday. So in the end the Sunday cost me $30. Heck the front rim is worth triple that, so why not!

Now I need some warmer days to see what I can do on it. Kinda ironic the pedals look like they're made of ice, cause I was freezing my butt off taking these photos.

For those that were Metal BITD, the sprocket is a Subrosa "Shout at the Devil" sprocket. Too fun.

Oh yeah, I need some brakes too, crazy kids these days riding brakeless!

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

Thanks guys, I know it is newer than most stuff on RRB, but there is something... wicked-looking about this bike I thought some of y'all might appreciate. It is like a vampire with that red front wheel.

Heh, Sunday describes this bike as being perfect for me. "The Gary AM is a perfect match for bigger riders who are just getting started, or for older riders who are picking up a bike again. " I am more the later than the former. Old, and thinking of doing things on a bike I probably shouldn't. It's like they read my mind.

Anyway the bikes I traded were a Motobecane road bike and a Nishiki Mountain Bike. I picked up pretty cheap as flippers. But I got a good trade in value for them at my LBS who caters to Roadies and MBers, and put it toward this Sunday that has been sitting there because most of his customers aren't thinking BMX when they enter the store.

Not bad for $30 out of pocket!

I could, um relieve you of this fine machine for the price your into it? Eh? Haha. It seems like a lot of sunday's I've seen here on RRB's have had red front wheels! Mine included.

Latest posts

Back