Searching for a bike for the MBBO5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Guys, I posted this in the Wanted thread but in case you haven't seen it I wanted fellow "Muscle Bike" guys/girls to be aware of it too since we look for these types of bikes already.
I am looking for a bike to restore for the upcoming MBBO5, I prefer a 1967-1969 Huffy rail that has the three tube backbone frames like the bronze colored bike pictured below but will also go with the 1970-1971 type frame like the yellow/orange in the second picture. So far all I've been able to find are completely roached out bikes or ones that guys are asking ridiculous amounts for, so if anyone has one available or knows of one please PM me cause the MBBO5 starts in a couple weeks. I've been collecting parts as I ran across them all summer but I'm running out of time. Thanks!

1967-1969 Huffy Rail Frame

1970-1971 Huffy Rail Frame

What about this... http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/some-sort-of-muscle-bike.99309/

I bought new bars for it, and am getting a host of other parts from a package deal. It was going to be a flip project, but if you're desperate for a MBBO restore...

It's a Huffy built Sears, from what the owner told me. He said '74, but I can't find anything to verify. Paint under the orange spray-bomb is gold.

What about this... http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/some-sort-of-muscle-bike.99309/

I bought new bars for it, and am getting a host of other parts from a package deal. It was going to be a flip project, but if you're desperate for a MBBO restore...

It's a Huffy built Sears, from what the owner told me. He said '74, but I can't find anything to verify. Paint under the orange spray-bomb is gold.
That's a good starter but for what I have in mind and with the parts I've been collecting it really needs to be a Rail.

I've also got a '69 Huffy Super Stock you can finish up! LOL

ugh
Hey wait a minute you're not getting out of it that easy, you always do great work, I want to see yours done!
I may have to go to a Super Stock if I don't pick up a Rail somewhere. :doh:

Latest posts

Back