Seatpans instead of seats?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made this one out of 1/8" aluminum an old briefcase and some motorcycle seat springs with a steel strap frame work. It rides really nice I've ridden it 15 mi and it was the knees that complained not my rear. Has about 1/2" padding laced between two slabs of leather. Pan style would look good on that bike imo.

dscf2395n.jpg

dscf2411k.jpg

dscf2413i.jpg

dscf2415b.jpg

dscf2416.jpg

dscf2550h.jpg

here is my pan style seat
IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0328xx.jpg

IMG_0409xcx.jpg

I hand painted the Flying Tiger teeth on my seat pan for Flexy in RRBBO7. I figured it would just be for show and I would swap it for a comfy seat, but it has actually been very comfortable due to the shape and springs. The clear coat has held up well too.

aIMG_8116.jpg

Well,actually a friend of mine rides this awesome blue Jakz Lowass (can't help the name,that's what its name is) and it wouldn't look half as good with a normal bikeseat.

^^^ Nice frame design! Going to have to keep that in mind if I ever get a tube roller...
outsider13 said:
Only just noticed your chainwheel! :shock: How many teeth on that bad boy, 60+teeth? Must be a rocket once you get it going!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
^^^ Nice frame design! Going to have to keep that in mind if I ever get a tube roller...
outsider13 said:
Only just noticed your chainwheel! :shock: How many teeth on that bad boy, 60+teeth? Must be a rocket once you get it going!

Luke.

It's a 65 tooth chainring from a Schwinn Exerciser. I used one on my build-off bike last year.

:shock: And a 30 tooth BMX front sprocket on the back..soft easy starts, and It just cruises along nicely 8)...Its' a 37 Hawthorne zeppelin frame...as far as I know......or care. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back