Selling the wrong stolen bike on CG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing, today I was passing by a shady 'resale shop' in the D & there was an "all original vintage Schwinn" out front. It looked to be some sort of mongrel based on a 24" Fastback, w/26" rims (SA 3spd) & fenders from a lightweight...all the parts were real clean, but frame was obviously repainted & the # under the headbadge was filled in--go figure. I recall the stories of my early childhood about bike chop shops where if you were unlucky (or careless) enough to get your bike jacked, it would emerge hours later from the chop shop completely unrecognizable--repainted, all the parts mixed & matched from the other recent victims. The kid down the block could have it & you'd never know. The thick metalflake paint on the "all orginal vintage Schwinn" looked like it could have been done back in the day--maybe this was a different sort of 'survivor bike'? Regardless, I wouldn't touch it for the $150 they were asking. I could build a heck of better bike for that much cabbage--you could too--even w/all legit parts.

Ive always wanted to put that sign is front of my house, then dip my shoes in red paint and walk around in front of it. :D

Like tartosuc was saying beat his ash.. The cop told me "It is against the law 2 knock someone off of it Even if it is your bike or not, That would be assult and battery." Then he says, "Your a big boy if you think you can handle the person on it, Beat the heck out of him!" I know dam well if i see somone on my bike that got ripped, The mother wont be able 2 move the next day.. Or chew.. or smell.. Or walk :mrgreen: I got a bad tempor. If i start i cannot stop.. Most of the time im mellow, But if somthing like that happens watch out.. I think i broke my hand when it got stolen i trashed the back yard dented the steel door on the garage.. Yeah i wish it was the ........ face who stole my bike. I got an idea who took it now, I need 2 get into their garage.

i usta have a bit of a temper myself and throw some destructive fits, i learned after i broke my hand bout 3 times from punchin stuff. (not to mention the money it took to somewhat fix it). starts with a sting, then moves to "why the heck did i do that" in bout .5 seconds :x :lol:

Nahh ill beat him up, He WILL NOT! Want to ever steal again when im done with him.

wahoonc said:
xddorox said:
Read this somewhere: "Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again." :mrgreen:

My grandfather's signs said "Trespassers will be shot...no prosecution necessary" :shock: :lol: He had those on his Machine Shop in Monroe, IA.

Aaron 8)

"Have you ever Picked your Teeth up , off The Ground,
with Brocken Fingers........if so, come on in"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hahahaha those are hilarious. I actually had some stickers made last year. They are those yellow and black warning stickers and I had them printed with: " Warning, have gun will use" I put them on my tool boxes. Nobody has messed with my stuff yet :mrgreen:

I always liked the one you see in some antique stores...

"Unsupervised children will be given a puppy and an espresso." :lol:

Well here, in France, things aren't any better : no one is allowed to own a gun, and cops don"t give a f**k about anything that might happen to any random citizen. Afew weeks ago, a friend of mine just got out of his house and stumbled into a guy that was actually inside his car, trying to steal his car stereo. He just got on him, maybe threw a fist or two at the guy, then locked him (a bit stunned, ok) inside the car and called the police. And guess what ? My mate was the one the policemen actually took to the police station, for having kicked the guy's ......

All the same I once found a bike, obviously a stolen one, in my backyard, told the cops that were hanging in the street, and all they answered was "well yeah, we got hundreds of them stolen bikes. No way we can find and contact the owner. You just better keep the bike". Which I did, and got it stolen from the same back yard like 6 months later...

Ain't that a strange time we're living...
I might well be the coolest guy you've met, but thievery is the ONE thing I just can't stand. Isn't that the most primary matter of respect that to not take from others what they possess ?

So Martin it is true that French cops do their own thing, whatever that may be... Here they are more proactive, but not about bike theft. Apart from telling people to register the bike, they don't do much else. They don't even have any stats on how many bikes were returned to their owners.

haa dorox, I put that video on my myspace, Im telling every1 to watch it too!b

well I guess that's something international : cops don't give a f**k about bikes. In a way, I can imagine they have plenty of other things to do, but in a place like here (I live on a coastal city, where each and every inhabitants owns a bicycle, and tourists bring their own or rent bikes), bike thieve is a real everyday problem.
I guess you have to take care for yourself and your belongings.

Latest posts

Back