Selling the wrong stolen bike on CG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....maybe you shouldn't have posted and made arrangements instead to go see it....with a police officer with you.

You have to realize that Police here in Montreal do not bother with stolen bikes at all. If you get your bike stolen, you have to fill out the report yourself. The cop at the desk just signs it and gives it a number, you file a claim with your insurance and that's the end of it. That's why bike thieves are thriving in this city.

Update: Picture of the bike was taken in the park behind my house. The scum doesn't live that far. We are preparing a fake call to see the bike.

As the Cops Told me when I almost Located my Stolen Redline a few years ago...

"If their is a Bit of a Scuffle..
and YOU have to defend yourself.And in turn
The Theif get's a little hurt because you are defending yourself....
before we are able to get there!...then we understand he
may be hurt because you are defending youself!" :wink:

I hope you Break a few of his Fingers!!!!
sorry Folks ..I am a Kind man,
but I HATE THIEVES!!!!!

as i am to understand here in ca if anything gets stollen and you see it and can reclaim it safely then it is your right to do so. that was what happend in the case of the lucky 7 boardtracker. i was lucky enough to see it parked up locked and stole it back i guess you could say and yes it was mine i know every .... scratch on her. called the police later that night giving them a bs story at first saying i got the serial number. then the cop told me quote "if you see the bike and you can safely get it back you are alowed to do so." i said thanks and hung up the phone little had he known i already got her back :D

go get it and kick his .... .
i dont trust police on that matter anymore i just take care of things myself.

just keep in mind that this guy might have bought it from someone else before selling it.

Things work a bit differently here in the states.

You can't get much of anything done without a police report to begin with.

Also, mess with the wrong guy in the situation and you'll end up getting your pants sued off. :roll:

Rat Rod said:
Things work a bit differently here in the states.

You can't get much of anything done without a police report to begin with.

Also, mess with the wrong guy in the situation and you'll end up getting your pants sued off. :roll:

It's amazing what you can do when The Cops show up here in Canada...

and the Guy is Laying on The Ground with a Hockey Stick in his Hand,

and you have yours in your hand....and The Orange Hockey Ball
is at His Feet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Be on the lookout for my Jaquar bike. It was taken when we were in canada. :cry:

20072Can-Am018.jpg

Keep up posted on what happens Gerry.
As a fellow Montrealer I feel your pain. It's just not worth it to ride your nicer bikes if you're going to lock them up. My wife had her cheapie Canadian tire bike stolen a few summers ago right outside the grocery store. She had it chained and was only inside for 5 minutes.

Another advantage we have down here in Texas is that nobody cares enough about bikes to steal them. Now if you owned an Escalade....

The majority of bike riders in my area are from south of the border.

No news yet. My son sent an email to ask questions but did not receive any reply yet. I advised the owner and he flipped that it was still on his street somewhere. We are keeping a look out for it and we will be sending more emails as soon as craigslist is back up. Sorry to hear about the Jaguar Gigs. Steve, doesn't everybody own a gun in Texas? That sounds like a good theft deterrent for me.

xddorox said:
Steve, doesn't everybody own a gun in Texas? That sounds like a good theft deterrent for me.

LOL, I know alot of people have heard stories about Texas.....like it's the "wild west" or something....but honestly, not everyone here owns a gun,cowboy hat, and boots with spurs :mrgreen:

That being said, I've got my trusty Remington 870 12 gauge pump shotgun sitting about 10 foot from me 8)

GIGGLES That sucks! i want one of them im sorry 2 hear that..

Like we here all live in igloos! I get it guys :D Reminds me of a show we had here that included a segment called: "Talking to Americans" The two that stuck in my head was the Governor of Arkansas congratulating King Lucien of Canada in saving our National Igloo and a Geography professor at Harvard signing a petition against the seal hunt in Saskatchewan :lol: Hilarious. (FYI for those who don't know, Saskatchewan is located in the prairies, the reigning monarch is Queen Elizabeth 2 and no we don't have a National Igloo melting into oblivion.)

I have recovered a couple of my own stolen bikes and a couple for friends. In one case they attempted to charge me with harassment because I took the bike back from the kid that had it. He claimed "some" guy gave it to him. Pure BS because some of the parts that he had stripped off were in the trash at his house and the cops could have cared less. The best recovery was the time I was sitting at a red light in my work truck near home and a kid rides up on the left side of my truck and stops. The bike belonged to a buddy of mine (Kestrel CF) I reached out and grabbed the top tube and told the kid he had two choices...bail or go for a ride :shock: :D ...he bailed.

Aaron 8)

Latest posts

Back