Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1603222101731.png

I guess I'll rephrase it more bluntly. Sell the bikes.

my bad. It seemed relevant although tangential in my mind but I'm the only person in there...

Bikes are one of the things that have kept me sane (maybe not?) throughout this and although I quickly withdrew a lot of stuff at the beginning too, I reversed course and sold more than I planned. It was important to me to support all the bike communities I'm a part of and that we all have stuff to wrench on, ride on, etc.

I sold a lot of stuff on the honors system. Bike in the driveway with a mason jar to drop the cash in. Only scummy transactions this year were online transactions. Good luck and stay safe.

my bad. It seemed relevant although tangential in my mind but I'm the only person in there...

Bikes are one of the things that have kept me sane (maybe not?) throughout this and although I quickly withdrew a lot of stuff at the beginning too, I reversed course and sold more than I planned. It was important to me to support all the bike communities I'm a part of and that we all have stuff to wrench on, ride on, etc.

I sold a lot of stuff on the honors system. Bike in the driveway with a mason jar to drop the cash in. Only scummy transactions this year were online transactions. Good luck and stay safe.
No worries, it's cool.

I need to brush up on C.S. Lewis. I keep hearing about him, but I've never really read much of his stuff. Though to be fair, I probably lack the mental capacity to fully comprehend anything he writes. Calvin and Hobbes is about as complex as I can read. :21:

Yeah, bikes are about the only thing keeping my mental health above water, and I've only just started getting more active here and the CABE in the last few days. I need to check out other people's build threads and what-have-you.

Hopefully I'll be able to sell some bike stuff soon, but I may not sell as much as I originally planned for reasons that might be better explained in the MBBO discussion thread. Thanks macncheese!

I might seem ignorant but I haven’t let this plandemic slow me down. I sold more bikes this spring and summer than I’ve sold total in the past 10 years. I’ve traveled from Wilson, NC to Richmond, VA selling bikes to paranoid people and people who cared less than me. I shook many hands as well as had people Lysol wipe down entire bikes before loading it off. I trust my immune system and thought I respect this virus is real, I know it’s not a global killer. I’ve been respectful of others, but I had an awesome summer.

My sales dried up around 6 weeks ago. No bites on complete bikes for sale. Bummer. I need more truck money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the only two options?
Sure...it's like when you are driving. Everybody who is driving slower is an A-hole... everybody driving faster is a jerk. I think it's called the 'Special Theory of Relativity' or some such nonsense. :grin:

Sure...it's like when you are driving. Everybody who is driving slower is an A-hole... everybody driving faster is a jerk. I think it's called the 'Special Theory of Relativity' or some such nonsense. :grin:
Right, cause we all know everyone has the exact same life, same struggles, same experiences. The only reason they act any differently from ourselves is because they suck.

I was kinda looking forward to building flip bikes from my less desirable parts and using the proceeds on new awesome finds.
I did sell a couple, Did find 3 nice bikes for cheap.
But my sales of rider bikes in our rural area just stopped.
But covid has just kept getting worse here in WI. So just sitting tight for now.

Rosebud was a pokemon, right?
"Rosebud represents the happiest moments of Kane's early life. In a press release from 1941, Welles himself stated the "cheap little sled" stands for Kane's subconscious need for simplicity, comfort and his mother's love. Kane never fully abandoned these happy childhood memories, at least unconsciously. " Kinda like riding the wheels off our bikes as kids.

"Rosebud represents the happiest moments of Kane's early life. In a press release from 1941, Welles himself stated the "cheap little sled" stands for Kane's subconscious need for simplicity, comfort and his mother's love. Kane never fully abandoned these happy childhood memories, at least unconsciously. " Kinda like riding the wheels off our bikes as kids.
Yeah, same thing

T6Ll.gif

I've done a few in per
To me, it's this simple...

View attachment 142184

...one text to set parameters...one text to consent to terms. I'll be wearing a mask for this one :grin:
This is pretty much how it works on my end as well..I'm upfront " I have compromised people in my world" I haven't had any issues. Right now it's a buyer's market in my area..winter is coming and the market is pretty flooded with Pacific Cycles "vintage/antique" bikes mixed in with the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back