Shelby-made Hiawatha.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple of weeks ago I got this Hiawatha. About two months ago I spotted a Shelby-made Western Flyer and started to pursue it. A deal couldn't be made til today and I just brought it home.

bikefinds3-23-13172_zpsbd262828.jpg

bikefinds3-23-13174_zps73c94d04.jpg

3M83m83pa5Nf5Ec5Jcd2a988159e6584911fd_zps63bfba22.jpg

He wanted $60. I offered $45 and he took it. The fenders aren't as good as I had hoped, but it does have Blackout Wartime ND hubs and that made the deal worth it. As they say on Duck Dynasty: Happy,Happy,Happy. :lol:

someguy83 said:
I was eyeballing that flyer for a while on c-list. The paint scheme matches my Hiawatha. I thought the guy wanted too much for it in the condition it was in plus had too many other projects. Good score.

I also have the same bike in way better condition, but carries a Shelby badge buried in the garage. I picked it up from my Neighborhood Gunshop for $30.00. They bought it from a Stonecold Alcoholic Homeless guy who wanders the alleys for junk. They very often feed him instead of giving him money, because he will just buy booze. Sad story, but no one seems to have much success helping him.

someguy83 said:
First time I saw it posted he wanted twice that much. Good find if I had known they were blackouts I would have been all over that.

Latest posts

Back