Shelby value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help out a newbie with his first vintage bike purchase, 1941 Shelby Flyer, I'm told, klunker.
What should I expect to pay?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 01111_i1qIlI06Cw2_1200x900.jpg
    01111_i1qIlI06Cw2_1200x900.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 89
Value depends a lot on the 'klunker' components that have been added. The forks appear to be sunlite/pyramid/etc (good for cruising, not actual klunking :grin:), stem isn't anything special except that it looks like it has the wrong top cover...which sounds potentially dangerous, rims look like modernish steel cruiser rims...bars and seat appear non remarkable. So, what you really have there is a lower model Shelby frame (the higher model of that frame would have had a 'wishbone' at the seat tube (top tube splits to go around the seat tube like this...)
1941-shelby-deluxe-bicycle-frame_1_6ac1312ad99b7dc59da5b373e5d85b7d.jpg

with about $50-$100 worth of parts to make it rideable (I don't think the crank/chainring is original either). The frame value? I wouldn't pay over maybe $75 tops as I'm not a fan of that style...but, I've seen them with up to ~$200 asking prices on ebay. If I saw that bike on my local CL, it would have to probably have to have an asking price ~$125 or less to get my interest.

Latest posts

Back