Shelgin Master

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is what it sounds like, a bunch of different parts haha. Using the elgin oriole frame I picked up last year. I apologize to anyone offend that I'm using this on a frankenbike that was not my intensions when I picked it up. So here we are now. Using a 50's shelby springer and Roadmaster peaked fenders. Hence its name. This is a rough mock up. Not using these wheels. Thinking of going 3 speed with a stick shift and an entire repaint. This is my first year doing this! I'm pretty excited!!!!!!

Last edited:
I like the look of this!

That looks awesome as it sits right there!

Thanks guys! So bought the frame and orignal fork to the frame on here last year and it was packed very well. Unfortunley whoever transported it threw it around. Frame was cracked, crank was completely split in half, and the whole back end of the frame is tweaked. The original fork was badly bent also. I've had a buddy fix the crack in the frame already. Next step will be trying to bend the frame which hopefully will have some help from a local RRB member. This pic is the chain and seat stays, if you look where the chain stays meet the BB you can see how the whole thing slopes to down toward the chain side.

Last edited:
I have a bike that I built year year called Shelgin, too! It just works well to combine those names. I actually welded a Shelby frame to an Elgin.
IMG_2780_zps1f7f1ebc.jpg

You know you could have waited a few weeks and had a really awesome build off frame! ;)
I guess that ol' Elgin frame will have to do for now....:grin:
Haha I know! but I like how that bad boy is set up already. All I'm going to do is throw a new rim set and tires on it! And this awesome elgin frame has been sitting too long, it needs to get up and running.

Last edited:
Got the fork all stripped. I orginally was going to use this fork on a diferent project so I had the a buddy shorten the steer tube. Luckily the steer tube is perfect length for this frame so I don't have to change it up again. But I do have to fabricate a new metal braket or figure out how to use this one. When I shorten the steer tube the bracket then pushes the fork in towards the frame too much, I wanna stretch it out from the frame as much as possible. I kinda screwed up the original bracket when I tried to make it work on my other project.

Latest posts

Back