Shelgin Master

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you do get that effect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spray painted it flat black then laided some material on top of it. Then sprayed a clear coat on over it then pulled the material off of it. Material was just kinda like a netting type of stuff, it was coolest one I could find at the craft store. Everything else was flowers haha

I watched a powerblock episode where the did that but just cleared stripes. It was a ford ranger with a coyote block. Cool technic.

I watched a powerblock episode where the did that but just cleared stripes. It was a ford ranger with a coyote block. Cool technic.

Yeah my buddy who gave me the idea said he saw someone do it on a motorcycle once.

I really like that effect. Kinda of like reptilian lace work.

Going to use this rack, gotta take it down to bare metal.
2ff3ea07a27f9df2f63215cdfd0bb502.jpg

Also mounted up the front fender and added a light and changed up the seat. What do you guys think? I also added the dropstand, I picked up some hardware from Home Depot to connect it to the frame. I feel like it's too loose though. Anybody have any ideas? I'm just using washers and cotter pin and bolt right now
730c9c1153a6f35718761212173e7cd9.jpg

93c89c1dcc5b87b21c86108618debdc5.jpg

b1c7bba20050e006b26851cb3116f254.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!
I have never worked with dropstands before, but maybe put a small spring on there under the washers? Maybe even a teflon washer between the stand and the frame.

N I C E

I miss my shelby springer.

Finished up stripping the rear fender and painted it up same as front fender. Also stripped down the rear rack. I am happy to say I'm all done using the wire wheel on this project!!!!! Don't think my arms/hands can take much more. Haha
65e877637abdabb8fc1252129119396d.jpg

Looking good!
I have never worked with dropstands before, but maybe put a small spring on there under the washers? Maybe even a teflon washer between the stand and the frame.
I went with Luke's suggestion, nylock nut and bolt with a couple washers. Worked great.

Latest posts

Back