Shipping Rates

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bikeflights.com
I can ship a bicycle box with dimensions 59"x9"x32" weighing 60# from Ohio to SoCal for less than $70.

Obviously the smaller and lighter, the less expensive. And they use FedEx for transport.

They've been the cheapest and best I can find.

Bike flight - print your label from home they sub out to fed-X . It cost me 65$ to ship a compleat bike from Florida to Washington state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I better get a printer.
Do they ship small boxes for parts. USPS and UPS raised their rates this year and there is no Fed Ex for 50 miles around me.

$65-70 isn't bad for a bike unless its a $50-100 bike then it still kills the sale.. :doh:
If there that cheep of a bike you can really only afford to sell local pick C/L

My town doesn't have an actual FedEx store, but we have a pick up location at an office supply store.
When I use bikeflights, I just take it there.

I drop at a pack & ship but it is new to my area . You may not have one either .
You may have go old school & use a donkey as when I use to live back in the sticks that's what we had to do......

the nice thing about BikeFlights is they are quick with claims. I shipped a bike with them (and FedEx) and "mysteriously" the Schwinn lockable springer was missing when it arrived at its destination. The box was cut open. The new owner took pictures and sent them to me. I found another fork (pretty expensive sadly) and sent the pics and receipt for the new fork to Bike Flights. I shipped the fork to the new owner. BikeFlights called the next day, I talked with them for about 5 minutes and they reimbursed me for the new fork and to ship it within 3 days.

I was just going to ask about shipping.
Although most of my (bike biz) is on CL
I have an 84 Schwinn World that I (lovingly) cleaned, new tires, new chain...original paint is super duper and it shifts like a dream.
Someone in Utah wants it.....

I suppose we still have to break down the bike a bit and box it up though...right? Do we take it to FED EX ?
I'm used to shipping all size packages, (not as big as a bike though) since I have an online Vintage business and have shipped out over 1500 items in the past two years..but man, USPS....forgeddaboutit for big stuff.

any dealings with www.shipbikes.com/ ?? they seem to be about the same deal as Bike Flights ??

thanks all
Franco

You can't beat bikeflights.com they still ship through fed-X but much cheaper . You can get free rates on the web site .
I go to my local bike shop & get a free box that a new bike came in . Then semi brake the bike down put some padding / bubble wrap whatever I also get for free from the bike shop . Ship it takes a little time but it can be done just depends if it's worth the price you get out of the bike .

I was just going to ask about shipping.
Although most of my (bike biz) is on CL
I have an 84 Schwinn World that I (lovingly) cleaned, new tires, new chain...original paint is super duper and it shifts like a dream.
Someone in Utah wants it.....

I suppose we still have to break down the bike a bit and box it up though...right? Do we take it to FED EX ?
I'm used to shipping all size packages, (not as big as a bike though) since I have an online Vintage business and have shipped out over 1500 items in the past two years..but man, USPS....forgeddaboutit for big stuff.

any dealings with www.shipbikes.com/ ?? they seem to be about the same deal as Bike Flights ??

thanks all
Franco

You can't beat bikeflights.com they still ship through fed-X but much cheaper . You it takes a little time but it can be done just depends if it's worth the price you get out of the bike .

'K....thanks G-man...I see quite a range on EEbay for shipping, but a lot of 'em are in the $65.00 range to ship very long distances...that's not bad. I was wondering how they did it...now I know
Looks like Bike Flights is the way to go.
:thumbsup:

'K....thanks G-man...I see quite a range on EEbay for shipping, but a lot of 'em are in the $65.00 range to ship very long distances...that's not bad. I was wondering how they did it...now I know
Looks like Bike Flights is the way to go.
:thumbsup:
I once shipped a bike from Fl. To Washington state . 65$ that's about as far as you can get in the lower 48 states

Latest posts

Back