Shockster Bolt-on Rear Suspension

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, mates,

i've scored NOS shockster rear bolt-on suspension, which is for sure pretty rare here in St-Petersburg. Since neither my friends nor myself haven't ever seen this part before, i'd like to ask you if some of you have any experience with this thing. I'm planning to use it as front end suspension unit.

and above all, haven't i overpaid? I've spent around 30 usd.

here's couple pics of my new toy.

Cheers from not so snowy Russia,

shockster.animation.gif

shockster1.jpg

http://www.guagenti.com/sites/shockster-html/info.html

Hey! That's my picture! I thought the carpet looked familiar... :)

I bought mine for about what you paid and have yet to find a project to use it on. I just thought it was neat! Let us know how you make out with it.

wow, kingsting, you nearly proved six handshakes theory applicable a web communication sphere :) in russian it's called МИР ТЕСЕН [mir tesen]- the world is too small :)
this pic wasn't the first i picked.

what i'm planning? i'll try to make futuristic looking springer fork by installing an adapter, dunno it's name but in russian slang it's called GORILLA, here's a pic
4824_0.JPG

and then after i made sure clearence is ok i'll bolt the shockster onto the fork and fix the dropouts with some metal stripes. i hope pics would be available soon.

Hey, I'd be willing to trade you that rear suspension for a Rock shock!!

After reading your post I had to offer..... :oops:

I have been rocking one for a few years on a build off bike (http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=43559). Works pretty well on a cruiser, but the added wheelbase length made the bike handle a little different and made it very difficult to wheelie. Fine for a cruiser/around town bike though.

As for putting it on the front of a bike... I don't think it would work very well suspension wise. There would be more stiction during the travel. Might look cool though.

I actually still have another one brand new in the box for another build (sometime). FYI, it's 3lb's, around 3inches of travel, and adds 3 inches to a standard wheelbase.

HippieKruiser said:
wow, kingsting, you nearly proved six handshakes theory applicable a web communication sphere :) in russian it's called МИР ТЕСЕН [mir tesen]- the world is too small :)
this pic wasn't the first i picked.

That picture comes up as the 10th one in a google images search. I posted it on the MTBr forums a while back. Funny how things work...

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 20848.html

I wish I would have bought more of those units. (Never mind that I haven't found a use for this one yet). The guy had a lot of them and they were like $25 or $30.

Here's the bike that's attached to the wheel in the photo. Just happens to be a custom King Sting! :D

kingsting7.jpg

Custom King Sting looks great after all this time .
Last saw this one about a dozen years ago at Trexlertown , have you had it since then?
Great to see it again !

Latest posts

Back