Show me your fixed gear bikes. Any fixed wheel bicycle is allowed.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That look like it would make a nice path racer type build.
nice shop!
Around here I have to search garage sales and Craigslist
It is a very modern looking frame though even if it is steel.

Hard to tell from that angle.
maybe 70s or 80s touring bikes with longer chainstays and a relaxed fork would do. I am fine with horizontal drop outs vs track ends anyway.
it rains half the year here, and I ride a lot of dirt so I like fenders to keep my water bottle from getting gritty.

Hard to tell from that angle.
maybe 70s or 80s touring bikes with longer chainstays and a relaxed fork would do. I am fine with horizontal drop outs vs track ends anyway.
it rains half the year here, and I ride a lot of dirt so I like fenders to keep my water bottle from getting gritty.
I found out that it was a Surly Steamroller. If I get the frame it is still there I'm gonna put cyclocross tires on it and randoneur bars on it. That model is meant to be more of a gravel bike or cyclocross fixed gear.

I found out that it was a Surly Steamroller. If I get the frame it is still there I'm gonna put cyclocross tires on it and randoneur bars on it. That model is meant to be more of a gravel bike or cyclocross fixed gear.
That sounds like a good all around bike. I bet there is clearance for some decently wide tires to get off road a bit. Surly are supposed to be tough.
I have a Surly long haul trucker fork I got cheap because a shop cut it too short for their customer and that fork might end up on that Dawes frame. I’m stripping that frame down to make a rusty rat racer restomod and I have some wide dirt drops to put on it so it will be sort of like a gravel bike, whatever that means.

That sounds like a good all around bike. I bet there is clearance for some decently wide tires to get off road a bit. Surly are supposed to be tough.
I have a Surly long haul trucker fork I got cheap because a shop cut it too short for their customer and that fork might end up on that Dawes frame. I’m stripping that frame down to make a rusty rat racer restomod and I have some wide dirt drops to put on it so it will be sort of like a gravel bike, whatever that means.
Nice

I almost bought a set once before.
I think I will try one. I have a set of Nitto Noodle bars on my lotus. They are comfortable and Nice and wide, rando bars with that little rise nice curve look like they would be nice on the hoods and in the drops.

20210226_180102.jpg

Here is my 6KU fixie/SS setup as SS. I did a few upgrades. Hollowtech style BB, Fancy peddle's Origin8 2 finger levers, flat bars, flipped the stem, and a wanabe "carbon fiber" plastic seat. Oh and some lock on grips.
Its a pretty light weight aluminum bike. I got it off of craigslist and amazoned the parts. Not much $ but rides like $$$$
IMG_20220428_122704 (1).jpg
IMG_20220428_122704 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I've had a few since 2005, mostly Panasonic Schwinns because the 63cm frames have a straight gauge downtube that makes for snappy acceleration and durability under my 200+lbs.

1977LeTour12.2.jpg

20210317_162240.jpg

20210602_215655.jpg

ChromeMercier.JPG

CRSchwinnLTII.jpg

germo22.jpg

There are a few I've had and ridden that are not shown.

The current version is a chrome 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8 that I had to drive to El Paso, TX for last Spring. I had been looking for a 63cm chrome Panasonic Schwinn since 2007 and it was worth the wait. Not only was it lightly used, but the chrome was nearly perfect with a miniscule anount of marring shwn after stripping the old clearcoat. The Super Le Tour 11.2 decals were not an afterthought because the Voyageur decals were either red or green and didn't coincide with the build that had been in mind for al of those years. The most fun part of the build was the wheels because the spokes I found on fleabay were both inexpensive and custom drawn 2.0/1.7/2.0 at DT Swiss for Ritchey and the heads have the Ritchey logo instead of the DT logo. Stealthy

Voyageur11.8.jpg

Latest posts

Back