Show me your grocery getter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to see your bike that u ride to the store to get some grocerys. It might sound dumb but i want to see them

Here's one I put together just for that purpose.
grocerygetter001.jpg

grocerygetter002.jpg

I use this, it's rolling on fat franks now though.
000_0002-1.jpg

So much handier than baskets or panniers. Room for 50lb bags of litter, bird seed, etc. Our local grocery store is on the historic Lincoln Highway.

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

Schwinn Town and Country Tri-Wheeler.

front basket added.
bars changed to normal bars.
longer cranks installed.
Wall Drug is just 675 miles down the road.

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6349.jpg

DSC09378.jpg

Thanks. I googled Piet Mondrian and now I understand many art references from the past. Jack Taylor "Mondrian" style decals for one. I always wondered why they call them that. I see a lot of Frank Lloyd Wright work that must have been influenced by Piet Mondrian particularly his stain glass windows. My own idea for painting my bicycle came from the Partridge Family bus. I now am guessing who ever painted that bus must have been a Piet Mondrian admirer too. the french Look bicycles and clothing used by the La vi Claire racing team. I even see Nike shoes to match.

Rick

Here's my grocery getter. $20 lugged steel frame Olmo that I've since invested some time/money in. Added ratty Brooks, new bars/grips, new cables/housing, 3-piece crank, Schwinn fenders, Schwinn rack with folding baskets, and some nice brown-wall Continental tires. Currently a 5-speed.

8CC22963-7F92-480F-8489-07BB5462C1B9-15620-00001EB2836A1B57.jpg

Each basket can hold a full paper grocery bag (or a fabric "green" bag). It's a blast to ride and was good excuse to keep this one in the stable. :D

971105_10201207465858120_234289383_n.jpg

Snapped this after a run to Walmart yesterday afternoon. Old Peugeot road bike. First time I have used the front basket and trailer this year. Also will probably redo the trailer before too long and either add a bigger, or second, tub.

Shaggy

Latest posts

Back