Show me your Kick Scooters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a Scoot-bike as purchased from my neighbor at their yard sale. I put the belt on and rode it. Later repairs made it more rideable. I sold it at a bicycle meet. The kids there had a blast with it.

I made this "Scootboard" from a scooter I got from the Police impound sale (they had a sale and sold almost nothing - my cop friend gave me a whole truck load of bikes!!!). Sold this to a very happy kid at our motorcycle swap meet.

Been sk8ting with one foot forward for about 35 years. I guess the whole "walking in circles" thing could explain a lot about my life...
Hate to bump an old thread but a buddy of mine and I have been collaborating on a conversion involving a Currie. I can emphasize about the sk8’n. Hey at least we can see where we went wrong the last time, right? By the bye, I’ve a Variflex downstairs. Pics to come.

Wow, I have very vague memories of putting some of these things together... I want to say they were pink though? Or "Neon Rose" as Schwinn called them.

EDIT: I had to Google it, and I'm not imagining things! They did exist. I would have never thought about those again without this thread. Thanks?
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
This is the kind I had, Schwinn Stingray scooter, and gave to a neighbor. It was too heavy for me.
1669067434630.png

Attachments

• 1669067273402.png
    1669067273402.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 1
As promised…

Attachments

• B38F4278-3AEE-4DC7-AF9D-2053B32B4948.jpeg
    B38F4278-3AEE-4DC7-AF9D-2053B32B4948.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Here's my creation. I have added double bells on it since this photo was taken, and also ran the brake cable through the frame to a set of rear brakes for added stopping power. Names "Scooter McGavin"
View attachment 218602
That reminds me of a funny story. I was in a somewhat upscale part of town and literally pulled up next to Christopher MacDonald at a light. I had to triple take to make sure it was him and since the windows were down I just had to ask if he was who I thought he was. He confirmed it and I had to reference his role in “Happy Gilmore” and how he killed it. He did the Shooter point and wink and I did it right back at him. The light changed I bade him a good evening and admittedly that kind of made my week…

Latest posts

Back