Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
least u guys have cars :(
i get my permit in little under a year

any a-body mopars for sale?

Rat Rod said:
Also...you'd have to drive one to appreciate it...they are pretty quick even if they are front wheel drive. They offer several modifications for them too to really get them running....just ask demon.

It's the same set up that GM used in their Bonnevilles and the Grand Prix GTPs.

Sorry, I was being facetious, I know they are quick. The engine comes in RWD in this:
i.holden.commodore.VY.s.230504.red.bobbinhead.JPG

And they are quick...very quick!

I know some of you are Buick fans. I have an old Buick. This is my late father-in-laws 1976 Lesabre.

buickfront.jpg

It looks like crap but it runs and drives better than anything else I have. I put about 4K miles a year on it. It has much "patina" throughout not to mention 30+ years of parking lot rash. It sits outside all the time.

buickside.jpg

It has the original Buick 350 engine and trans. I recently replaced the timing chain and cover and oil pump. It gets about 17 mpg. I replaced most of the a/c and used R-12. It sat unused for several years and I changed the oil, put in five gallons of gas and a new battery and it fired right up. The more I drove it the better I liked it. It is easy to work on compared to newer models. Mostly what i've done to it is more preservation than restoration. I try to at least keep it mechanically sound.
Hope you like!!! Thanks!!!

i Like the big back window. I want one. i want a car in genral.

Sadly Brett the car is cheaper than the shipping to NZ. I'm guessing that's around a $1700 car in my area in that condition. US funds. They are cool cars but that vintage car is only just starting to be desireable to the masses as a Collector Car.

Thanks Guys!!! The style around here is to jack them up and put on 22 - 24" wheels. I rather keep it original because it rides so good. Some parts are hard to come by for it. Luckily the engine shares a lot of parts with the Buick 231 CI V-6 and are still available. I'm sure having a 5.7L engine would be expensive to import to some countries. Plus it is a left hand drive. I have an old Oogah horn hooked up in it. It has the factory AM-FM eight track player that still plays. It's got a massive trunk or rear bonnet. I've taken the back seat out and hauled four 8' 4"X 4" fence post with the lid down. It's been to Daytona Beach FL, about 650 miles from here, and back with no problems. It was just a good car to start with. Just needs several K worth of body resto work that I might get around to doing one day. Thanks!!!

Electrical power usage of the flux capacitor in "Doc" Emmett Brown's De Lorean
time machine in the movie Back to the Future, mentioned several times throughout
the movie and forming a critical plot point.

future460.jpg

1.21 GIGGA WATTS! AHHHHHHH! Lol. 8th grade phrase of the year.

I finally found a shot of the Notrod.....sorry about the quality but it's the best I got right now.
1959 Chevy p/u. 1979 Corvette suspension, custom convertible top. It's my baby, it's been broke down for about 4 years though. I thought it was going to be on the road again this summer but ran out of money once again. Hopefully next summer, it doesn't handle too well in the snow with 4 inches of clearance on the front bumper...

Notrod.jpg

And my other toy...1981 Blazer - 7 inches of lift (4 suspension,3 body), 35x15.5x15 swamper SX's. Mildly built 350. Locker rear, limited slip front.

muddinatrickys002.jpg

muddinatrickys017.jpg

Here you Steve...A real horse power engine! 327cc 350 hp with a T350I was able to get a little work done on my car the other day! man how do I find the time....

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

And gtcoma! were on earth did you get that 1.21GW for your truck! I must have one! please tell.. :mrgreen:

FW

Firewalker said:
And gtcoma! were on earth did you get that 1.21GW for your truck! I must have one! please tell.. :mrgreen:

FW

http://www.youremblem.com
you pay per character - mine came to about $16
It is totally worth it. it confuses so many people. They all think it has something to do with the engine displacement.
I just tell them that it is the amount of energy needed to power the Flux Capacitor.
Then they groan or looked really confused.

Latest posts

Back