Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wagons, Ho!

I certainly don't need it, but for 80 quid I thought I can't go wrong. I took a hearty test drive and it looks like it only needs two new front tyres and a wheel bearing for an MOT. I guess this will yield me a healthy profit.

I'm new to the forum (intro already posted :) ) but here's mine: 1972 Rover 3500
roverP6V8.jpg

The paintwork is very tatty but hopefully that will be addressed soon :oops:
Will

largek9, yeah the boot and bonnet certainly are aluminium. The car also has the aluminium buick/olds derived 215 V8 engine fitted :D
This car was bought by my father in 1978 and has remained in our family since then, although the good old british weather hasn't been too kind to the bodywork or chassis :roll: .

Will

Baron von Zach said:
Yeah, Sundym, PAS, and bootlid mounted spare kit. It now has a Mango interior. It's going to be painted soon.
Are you in the club?

Nice! I really like the Mango 8) Mine too has PAS and the boot mounted spare. It also has a rare dealer fitted electric sliding sunroof..sorry, I'm not trying to turn this into a game of P6 "Top Trumps"! :lol: . I was in the P6 Rover owners club for a while, now I'm in the NECPWA. I was at the Beamish Rover Rally last year, didn't make it this year though. Are you on the Classic rover forum?

Will

yoothgeye said:
Is Sundym glass what it sounds like?

I can't say for sure. I've never had a car with this type of glass fitted. I always assumed that it meant the windows dimmed with the strength of the sun, a bit like those spectacle lenses? I have a feeling the glass is only 'tinted' though? I'm probably wrong :lol:

Will

It does in fact become darker or lighter depending on the amount of daylight. Makes for interesting driving when you enter a tunnel on a bright day. However, the effect tires over the years and it will stay increasingly darker over time.

Roscoe Clyde said:
S5030238.jpg

S5030239.jpg

1970 F-100 300/3 on the tree.
Brought her home in 1991 and she's been my daily driver ever since.

Roscoe Clyde
Howdy from up the road! When I moved here in 08, I was amazed how many old shortbed trucks are still around! Especially the 67-72 Fords! -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Roscoe Clyde said:
1970 F-100 300/3 on the tree.
Brought her home in 1991 and she's been my daily driver ever since.

Roscoe Clyde
Howdy from up the road! When I moved here in 08, I was amazed how many old shortbed trucks are still around! Especially the 67-72 Fords! -Adam

They were just tough trucks. Easy to fix and hard to kill.

So what do you think of Newton? I like the downtown area. It used to be a cool cruising spot back in my high school days. Also have alot of family around that way.

Roscoe Clyde

my latest find, 1963 Dodge Dart 270 Waggon. it's for sale!

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Latest posts

Back