Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im 33, been into cars forever, mostly hot rod and muscle car stuff. I have a couple cars and had a couple cool ones.

69 dart, ive had it since '98. was a little old lady slant six 904 and 7 1/4 rear. only options, heat and power steering. it turned into a 431 727 and dana 60 hot rod. 11.80 in full street trim with bench seat column shifter steel wheels and full exhaust. I left it all ratty looking for years and was a blast. now its all painted and I have no interest in taking it anywhere.
Scan10030-1.jpg

74 duster, i sold off a race car project with a baby on the way. my wife actually wanted this car. after the novelty wore off i took it and had my way with it. it was a slant six 904 8 1/4 and disk brakes. now its a 400, t56 viper 6 speed and ford 8.8 rear. set up as a cruiser/daily driver/pro touring car. it snot real fast but 20 mpg on the highway, and handles like a sports car. drive it anywhere. paint and body are original. its been touched up, and still has some bumps and bruises. its a really fun car. i thrashed on it to do the engine and trans swap over a couple week period to go to the hot rod power tour kickoff in 2011. broke the cam in a week before leaving. changed the fuel sender and the speed sensor in the trans the night before. battled with carb tuning on a thermoquad for the week finally gave in and stole the carb off the dart. calibrated the speedo on 95 on our way to fl. took it from nj to fl, ran all over fl but decided to only do the kickoff party and not do the power tour. stayed and did a family vaca in fl instead. was a blast.
280.jpg

78 wagoneer, a good friend gave this to me when the body got way too rough to drive anymore. nj winters weren't kind to it. i put weeks of rust repair into this thing. it has a pretty fresh jasper 360, i did the lift and tires. we took it on bunch of camping and wheeling trips. its a blast. i found a ton of things i didn't like. got rid of the quadratrac for a 700r4 and twin sticked dana 300 transfer case did 4.10s and an air locker in the rear. on board air. its pretty capable for what it is. this is going to be my bike hauler.
173_zps05c5ae47.jpg

some cars i had
1931 Essex rumbleseat coupe. i picked this car up with the engine in boxes. i figured with such a rare care, there was no way all the parts were there, and id never find them. it was a really clean body i wanted to build a 60s style hotrod, keeping the body pretty much stock with some drivetrain upgrades and brakes. was going to put the 215 buick aluminum v8 in it since it would fit without cutting the firewall. i picked up a rover and dressed it with an offy 2x2 intake, 2 Rochester 2 brls and some other goodies to make it look like the early buick. chevy s10 t5 trans overdrive and the forward mounted shifter that works good in these old cars. mopar 8 3/4 rear. well i decided to try to get it running as a stocker and see what it was like. see what it would take to drive. new tires exhaust and relined clutch. it was slower than dirt but a ton of fun. i later sold it after my son was born. i couldn't really take him out in it, and i really wasn't into it as a stocker. but i realized it was just too nice to modify. figured it wasn't really what i wanted, let some one else enjoy it. i then sold all the cool parts off, figuring i was done with that phase. the muscle cars are a little more family friendy.
IMG_0386-1-1-2.jpg

67 dart 2 door sedan. this was an ebay nightmare. totally misrepresented. bought it 3 states away. went in a blizzard to pick it up and found it really wasn't what i wanted. the price wasn't really the problem, but decided i wasn't going home empty handed. was supposed to be a cruiser for my wife but she wasn't into it. i started building a drag car. baby was on the way, she wasn't working, decided i didn't have time in my life to build a dedicated drag car, didn't want to put any more cash into it, and i couldn't even see myself drag racing anymore for a long time to come. it had to go. only regret i have to this one was ever buying it in the first place
0220091530-1-1.jpg

67 impala. i picked this car up for my dad, he was ill and needed something to keep his mind off things. it was a fairly clean car with a 250 and powerglide. we put a 350 in it did some other stuff and it never really went anywhere. he later passed and i wanted to keep the car. i had no room, tried selling the 67 dart so i could keep it but just didn't happen in time. i sold the impala to a really cool guy that really wanted it. i didn't feel so bad. i knew he was going to do something with it. he built this lowrider, its not really my thing but he did a nice job on it. nice to see some one enjoying it. we had nothing to do with the way the car looks today.
263.jpg

Onewheelsqueel said:
Nice looking phat chick Wheeler.

First project I'd be on ASAP is getting that fuel filter out of the engine bay! Put it down where the line comes out of the pan, and bend a hard line up to the barb at the pump, then a hard line from the pump to the carb with short sections of rubber hose as couplers. Use the correct metric line and rubber hose and clamps. While your at it make sure the barb on the carb is secure. They are dissimilar metal and due to their age can fall out easily , just give it a good firm pull to make sure it's good to go. It can make the difference between having a car and watching your orange beauty burn to the ground.

I have several friends that have lost their VWs from some of those exact problems listed above.

Ps mount a fire exstinguisher where it's easily accessible to you. That should be in any car, vintage ones especially.
very common for porsche 914s to catch fire that way too. Since the fuel outlet is on the bottom of the tank. I welded up the bottom outlet and made the tube siphon from the top on my 914. My brother did the same on his beetle. Much safer and less prone to leaks

Thanks guys!!, I can't wate to Finley get it home. ben in the paint shop almost 2 years but the guy is giving me a good deal on it.

The color is ford bright blue Polly(eliminator blue)with a little bit bigger flake. then a black stripe kit and black scoop and spoiler 8)

Personalizing my 2012 Silverado. Had to put my name on it, ya know at this age I might forget where I parked it!!

attachment.php

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice, I've been debating on getting a Cherry Bomb or a Magnaflow glasspack for my F-150 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice, I've been debating on getting a Cherry Bomb or a Magnaflow glasspack for my F-150 8)
Its hard to believe your driving now... :shock: :p seriously I just don't think of you getting older :lol:

My junker after the winter tune-up. The only way a 4-cyl. is supposed to run. :mrgreen: :shock:

And the family car. :) everyone loaded up and cruisin'

Gold Street Customs said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its hard to believe your driving now... :shock: :p seriously I just don't think of you getting older :lol:

Yeah I know...1 more month until permit time :D I've got the truck but not the license!! :shock:

Here we go, pics of my first vehicle! :dance2:It's a 2002 Ford F-150 FX4 5.4 V8! :showingbiceps:It was passed on to me from my Dad with 140,000 miles on it and runs like a champ:113:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back