Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update on my wild ride. It looks meaner than it is.

I plan on masking off the sticker-bombed areas, painting the rest matte black, adding a wing, and plasti-dipping the rims neon green to get that real drift car look. Then planning either a 5.0 V8 swap or go full JDM and put a built 2JZ in it but that's a lot of work and money.

Back on the ground after a lot of hidden hard work...
544aa74ea0d284f2feb1ae5e8739a1ff.jpg

^NICE! Wish I could afford something that pretty.
It looks good from far, but it's far from good! I've been knocking out the basics; complete re wire with 12v conversion, suspension, brake system, carb/engine tuning, etc. the car needs front floor pans, a few patch panels, a full interior and a paint job. I've seen cars in better condition selling right around the $6000 mark lately. Save $200 a paycheck and you'll be cruising around faster than you think!

Yeah but right now I'm not getting a paycheck till I find work. I'd rather have one a little sweaty and ratty anyway. I do know of an early 50's Pontiac Chieftain my fiancé found that I want to look into when I save up some cash though.

Very nice cars & trucks.

I had sold my 65 Ford Custom 500 to someone who really really wanted it so I am looking for another car to fix up. Will post the next car if I can find one cheap enough for me.

man, where was that pic of the hornet taken? that's a lot of amc product.

In NC, where I bought the Hornet. Oh yeah, it's not "just a Hornet", it's a 71 SC/360 Hornet, factory 360, 4 speed with functional ram air. One of 784 built...

In NC, where I bought the Hornet. Oh yeah, it's not "just a Hornet", it's a 71 SC/360 Hornet, factory 360, 4 speed with functional ram air. One of 784 built...
amc stuff is pretty cool. Ive been messing around with this wagoner for a few years now. I recently swapped a 700r4 into it. makes it a little more fun to drive.

Latest posts

Back