Show us your inexpensive (but comfortable) bike seats.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Verrt!
It's coming along and is one of her favorites. New high pressure Kenda tires and tubes. Takes 90 psi. tho and needs topping off every few days.

Did the same thing with the Brooks cheapie look-alike. Sits good but I need to put some miles in for the final decision. Be Well, SS.

I got this one at Lidl and it proved pretty comfy. Sadly it left with a bike I sold. Waiting for them to get more, but it may be a while...
1602422702265.png

DSCF7787.JPG

20 mi yesterday on my Fuji Odessa. This $20 seat did great.
DSCF7770.JPG

Saddle came with this spiffy reflective strap to keep my pant leg out of the chain ring.
DSCF7786.JPG

I found a chinese version of that style on amazon for like twenty bucks, and it's terrible. The springs that stretch under the seat are so soft they sag down to the seat post. Also with all the spring joints and whatnot it creeks like crazy with every movement I make while sitting on it. So far this is the only seat that has ever given me saddle sores.

I found a chinese version of that style on amazon for like twenty bucks, and it's terrible. The springs that stretch under the seat are so soft they sag down to the seat post. Also with all the spring joints and whatnot it creeks like crazy with every movement I make while sitting on it. So far this is the only seat that has ever given me saddle sores.
funny, I see the knockoffs on Fleabay and such and sometimes I think about trying one... well, now I know it's not worth it.

To be fair, the originals creak too. I just bought a new unused NOS Schwinn mattress saddle that the guy at the LBS dug out of the back room, and even it creaks. But it's comfortable for all that.

Latest posts

Back