SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stretched Worksman (the bright green bike against the railing), sorry not the best pic.
Worksman_zpsrrq1j6zy.jpg

Last edited:
I'm building up a beater ING (step-thru/Industrial News Girl) for a nice lady i know. Cool frame; flexes more than an INB, but fine for cruisin' purposes...

I wanted to build a beater ing for my wife, but I have an aluminum electra step through frame sitting here. hard not to use it.

Just picked up a M2600 frame today at a bike swap. I am thrilled to find a cruiser style frame that actually fits me, And I've decided to make it a klunker. Two tone paint, cantilever mounts added(maybe), Nexus seven speed and old school Super Maxy cranks in red. Brake levers will be early Dia Compe mtn levers, with the squared off bodies. I will post some pics along the way.

Thanks! I am trying to resist the urge to chrome plate it. Show chrome though, not the original low polish flash chroming they came with. I have a chromer nearby, but they are high dollar as most are.

Nice start, Miguello! I got some modern 1" threaded Landing Gears on an INB; they complement the Worksman frames real nice. What cranks do you plan to run? And, do you got different sized wheels on there?

Hey what's the largest tire that will fit the rear of these frames, with normal 1.5 rims?

Thanks for the complimenta

Hey what's the largest tire that will fit the rear of these frames, with normal 1.5 rims?

Thanks for the complimenta

I have put tires labelled as 2.35" on Worksman INB's; they fit with very little clearance. You gotta make sure the rim is true. There's plenty of room up at the seat stays, but there's very little at the chain stays. I've run 2.35" Schwalbe Fat Franks, 2.35" Kenda Kiniptions, and some 2.35" CST mtb knobbies.... maybe some others, too...

So a 2.1 or 2.2 should fit fine. Thanks! Hmmm, maybe my favorite mtb tire of all time? Kenda Fire XC Pro. I got the rim swapped onto the Nexus 7 speed wheel, so I am halfway there. I just need to order the shifter and front drum brake hub, get the wheel built for the front, install cables, and I'm riding.

Hopefully the 3 pc. bottom bracket conversion kit will show up tomorrow? And no different wheel sizes. That tree has a lot of earth built up around it, so it makes things look weird in pics. Since these pics I have also buzzed off the chain guard mounts.

Here it is out in the grass yesterday. Tires and rims will change.

11709916_1010900228922286_6931907194166921971_o.jpg

11709907_1010900818922227_5255275726791944574_o.jpg

So a 2.1 or 2.2 should fit fine. Thanks! Hmmm, maybe my favorite mtb tire of all time? Kenda Fire XC Pro. I got the rim swapped onto the Nexus 7 speed wheel, so I am halfway there. I just need to order the shifter and front drum brake hub, get the wheel built for the front, install cables, and I'm riding.

Yeah, 2.2 will fit no problem. Here's a picture of one of my INBs, from back when it wore some Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires. (Not sure if I've ever seen Kenda Fire Pro tires...:39:)
232323232%7Ffp733%3C7%3Enu%3D8%3A%3A%3B%3E733%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C856%3C9%3A634%3Anu0mrj

What kind of drum do you plan to run? Your project looks great so far...

Sturmey Archer. We ordered one with a wheel pre built, for a guy that was putting a motor on his Heavy Duti. You could practically do endos on the bike. Pre motor of course.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the Sturmey-Archer drums; mine are all 70mm models, but i wanna lace up a 90mm someday soon...

Latest posts

Back