SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to replicate for 500, yes.

The base bike is like 399, plus the drum brake front and rear, plus basket, etc etc. so there's no doubt it cost over 500 to the initial buyer, but I'd have a hard time coughing up that kinda dough for it.

That said, my bike I posted further up this thread somewhere I have over $650 into, and it's coaster brake one speed, but has a buncha modern bmx parts on it etc, I think I'd have a hard time getting $500 for it.

That's a $350 dollar bike if I was tryin to buy it, 400 max.

I considered making an offer for it to part out, as I really want a rear drum brake. Just like many bikes, the sum of the parts is greater than the value of the complete bike. I'm sure he's gotten a few low ball offers already. The color could be better, black seems to be much more universally accepted.
I have certainly more than that invested in "Sparky". But I built that for myself not to sell. If I ever had to get rid of that one, it would be in parts unless someone just had to have it and had the cash.

Man I missed out on a nice one. Seller was waiting for buyer, and would let me know if anything happened. They didn't show up so I was supposed to get it. But someone beat me to it. Looked real clean, metallic blue with the bent down tube had a chrome straight bmx style fork chrome chainguard and the heavy chrome wheels and chrome fenders. All the chrome looked real nice. 100$. Just needed to ditch the fenders ad a bmx stem and some chrome Al's bars. Bummer.

A Worksman isn't a good investment, in terms of $$$. They are, in my opinion, the ultimate bike for someone who wants to customize/modify an old-timey bike, but doesn't want to irrevocably change an actual classic. Every penny spent on a bike you're building up the way you want, just so you can ride&enjoy it, is definitely money well-spent, but don't expect to get much--if any-- of it back should you go and sell it. These aren't collectors' items--yet. Dude with the green M2600 wasn't trying to rob anyone, but it wasn't exactly a deal, either. PErsonally, I don't much care for the OEM bits on a Worksman, which is why it makes most sense for guys like me to buy a frame from Chuckz for $60 to $75 and then build it up to create the bike i want. Done that a few times now, and i kept'm all... if i sold'm, i'd be out a lot of $$$.

442D9DAE-F98B-4AB5-B80D-6EE7A6518418_zpszken0uf0.jpg

heres one i just finished for my father in law. nothing fancy, just a solid reliable cruiser. still have to adjust everything to fit him when he comes and gets it. I'm happy with the way it came out.

It's not my friend today... I was changing light tubes last night and the stool I was standing on gave way and dumped me shoulder first on the rear axle.. :cry:

KIMG0010_zpsgefg2kzs.jpg

Nice bike! Just needs a headbadge;).

not sure what, if anything I'm going to do there. heck, i still don't have a head badge on the one i built for me. i know you've got those sticker head badges, and they're cool, just not my style. id love a few of the aluminum badges that get destroyed when i take them off the frame before blast/coat.

Village.. Those cruisers came out really nice .. Now I think I want a step threw to builder for my wife..
Nice job.!!!

Village.. Those cruisers came out really nice .. Now I think I want a step threw to builder for my wife..
Nice job.!!!
It makes a very comfortable riding bike, especially with high handle bars. My wife really likes hers & I like riding it.
I'm selling one as a complete but would consider breaking it down to F&F. it's at the bottom of page 15 of this thread, message me if interested.

Latest posts

Back