show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few things I did to a spaceliner.

IMG_6905.jpg
24 x 26
IMG_7896.jpg
20 x 16
IMG_8000.jpg
20 x 16
MicsPics001.jpg
24 x 24...3"
MicsPics012.jpg
24 x 24...3"
IMG_6596.jpg
24 x 20
IMG_6599.jpg
24 x 20
Hey Jaxon... Did you have to mod the frame and fork to fit 3"s???

My Spaceliner, just grabbed my buddies old leather jacket he was throwing away... Sounds like new leather grips and saddle!

Last edited:
I just got a "Spaceliner" frameset from EBAY, the serial # goes like this "MOW79x6...691836" Any clue as to what it is?

Another question. This frame came minus the fork. I have a fork from a Novaro BiG BUZZ. can I use this fork? And what about a headset?

Last edited:
I agree. No tire rub? that's what I want to do with my Flightliner, but i was told you couldn't run fatter tires because they rub the fenders. Did you run into very many problems trying to make them fit? Chris

No tire rub, but had to very painstakingly fit everything to clear. I've fit a lot of these older bikes that came with 1.75 tires with 2.125's, and you've just got to make sure everything lines up, wheels must be round AND true. I also hang it it my stand it a way that helps with each tire/wheel set up.
I think you'll agree the final result is worth it. This picture is from the day after it was finished, 15 miles without a hitch.

Here is a shot of my Western Flyer Strato Cruser aka "Spaceliner" its is currently a work in progress, with the addition of a Bendix Aeronotics Manual 2 Speed rear hub. The tank & rack are in original condition and even came complete with the "Original" Contract between the Paperboy who originally owned it and who I suspect was his father. Showing the price of the bicycle, a number of repairs and his payments for said "Expences" to his parents. A real peek into the past, when a kid with the help of his parents learned what the meaning of a "Buck" was and went out and hussled a living to support his "Ride..." Not unlike arrangements I had as a kid with a paper route and a weekly circular, that used to pay for my flats & repairs.

This is my "first" effort at posting a pic, so I hope I created the account & inserted the image below "correctly...?" We will soon see...

WesternFlyerStratoCruiser2.jpg

Well, it would appear I inserted the "code" but maybe not correctly... anyway here is a link to the entire pic list on Photobucket where it is a "Public" album... Hopefully next time I get it right....
http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... 20Cruiser/

That looks a lot like what I hope my Strato Flyer will look like after a little cleaning.

Here are the as found photos of my Western Flyer Strato Flyer
index.php

index.php

index.php

Speaking of Strato Flyers...
[currently un-named]
Hes a cleaning up like a new Penny.:cool2:
I couldnt resist.. even with the snow. Innovation hit and I switched the wheels over from Miss Columbia
[which were actually off the '62 Firebolt Originally I think..]
and removed the fenders for the VERY limited clearance of the 2.24? 3.0? in the rear. :crazy:

Gotta say though..He looks mighty Rat with a little bit of dinge left behind and the Chrome peeking out..Maybe I'll keep her like this for a few weeks.:banana:
[while I search for the rear twin teardrop reflector and light for the rack..]:21:

Right%20Side_zpszvbraoge.jpg

Left%20Side_zpsb3tevgqn.jpg

Front%20Right%20Side_zpstiuti9ye.jpg

The End
Licensed%20and%20Ready%20to%20ROCK_zps1iqjomnp.jpg

[I think I figured out how to do the Click and Enlarge photos!]

I took Way more than this., so if there's something specific you want to see, just ask ;)
:whistle:

Thanks TRM., I think its pretty cool too, I hope I can find that light for it!,and with the overall look of the bike I have dubbed it Jules Verne.

FZ what a cool lookin bike. I just wish mine was as together as yours. Always enjoyed reading your post!
Thats wicked kind of you Clark.
I cant tell you how much it means to know you keep tabs on my posts., I try to add a little of myself in the big presenting posts like the one here,. and my Columbias first real post. They do get a little wordy., but sometimes I post for me because I enjoy seeing my own bikes that much and having a documentation of my thoughts on it at the time, Ya know?

If I come into any doubles or spare parts by chance or trade., I'll swing the stuff by you, and we can work something sweet out ;)

Thanks again~

FZ thanks! I enjoy reading other people's writings. I use to work as a University tutor. I have edited number of students papers. I just like your style of writing, you do a very good job of writing. You are not overly wordy. You love what you are writing about, this love of the subject is a good thing. Don't lose that love.

I appreciate it. Its flattering., and I've always been a fond writer, but further on that subject Via inbox. Were veering a bit off topic here Me thinks~ :oops:

Latest posts

Back