show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is what mine is suppose to look like. Right now mine looks like "Junkyard Liner". At least this gives me a goal to shoot for. Thanks for posting the up date!
I got real lucky with this one. It came up for sale at the best price I've ever seen on a totally complete and original one. The only new chrome is the bars, which I changed because I like them better than the originals, and I removed the rack because it flows better to me without it. The original seat was perfect, but not very comfortable. The rest of the chrome and paint is original. Oh, I did relace the wheels with stainless steel spokes when I added the S/A rear hub.

Last edited:
Acquired This one in a trade ,i'm kinda diggin the Patina .

REDSPACE.jpg

~Rafael~

I've got 26x1.75 on mine, white walls. I have a black stitched troxel with crash rail., beats the heck out of the hard ones on the painted models IMO., but I have a standard troxel like Bolt just as a backup.

Bolt., if you happen by another rear reflector like the one on that last pic you posted, let me know, my butt is bare on mine. ;)
11006369_10206169392983469_6089612826603970321_n_zpsxmbvgu6k.jpg

Seat%20Top%20Left_zpsjj7wejfx.jpg

[this photo was taken pre finished cleaning and restore]
yes., does feature trucker turn wheel knob to match the valve caps. :eek:

Those seats look good.... But not to comfortable are they? I thought about changing mine out but.. it'd have to be just the right look'n replacement.

Hey Cris , your right they picked the seat that looke right on these bike , but a bit small
for me also .and yes the tires are 26''x 2.125's , fill up the fenders quite nicely .

"zombie" i might just have a reflector for you !

~Rafael~

Last edited:
Hey Cris , your right they picked the seat that looke right on these bike , but a bit small
for me also .and yes the tires are 26''x 1.25's , fill up the fenders quite nicely .

"zombie" i might just have a reflector for you !

~Rafael~
Raf, no problem rubbing fenders at all? Did you perfectly true your wheels? I here they rub if they are not perfect, I want to run all red Duro's on my 59 flightliner real bad! I love the way they fill out the fender wells! It's the only thing that bothers me Man. You had NO Probs whatsoever? Your wheels are that true? I want to go out to the garage and throw'm on now if that's the case!

Awesome! Id be interested to see that. Private convo?

My front wheel has a slight wiggle., no rub., but Im a quarter size under Bolt ;) [p.s. typo in bolts reply to the tires hes using :p 26x1.25? XD

Cris; to Tell you the truth these wheels were on the bike when i got it
and i havent even rode it yey ?
but i did have trouble in the past with this set up...

~Rafael~

I've been wanting to through on 26x2.125's the 2 years! But was always told.. They have to be PERFECT. Well Raf?....... What's you say Man? Do it?:113::grin:
Cris; to Tell you the truth these wheels were on the bike when i got it
and i havent even rode it yey ?
but i did have trouble in the past with this set up...

~Rafael~[/QUOTEWell ride the Dang thing would you?! So I'll know!! Let me know if it Peels the fenders right off of it! :grin:

I tried it.... No Go. It works, but I have found that the issue with mine is......it hit's the inside of the fender on the very rear inside of the fender at the point of the rear reflector area. it seams you have to extend the rear fender braces about 3/4" or so, it clears everywhere else on mine. It fills out nicely, if I can figure out how to do that and make it look cosmetically appealing that would be Great.:39: Any Ideas?

Those seats look good.... But not to comfortable are they? I thought about changing mine out but.. it'd have to be just the right look'n replacement.
I found mine to be very uncomfortable for more than a 10 minute ride. It has virtually no padding, and the springs are for someone a lot lighter than my 200lbs.

I feel the ones with the trim are def. more on the show aspect of it and better for short rides., this coming from 120lbs.
The pleated Leather Mesinger? Persons? saddle like the one on my Western Flyer Strato Flyer 5Bar is noticiably more comfortable., but I wouldnt want to be on even that for anymore than every other day., Honestly, my Persons Pan on my '39 Columbia is comfier for longer periods IMO

Here is my new project. I am gonna keep it rusty/ratty. I want to do a few things first, then change it as I get time and money. I'd like to put some big tires on it if possible. If anyone can tell me sizes that would work, that would help me get started. I saw that maybe reversing the springer supports might offer more clearance?
Thanks for looking, I'll post pics as changes develop. Paul

I have put CST Cyclops (26x2.4) on my Brightliner RRBO7 Flightliner, but reverted to a street cruiser 26x2.125. You CAN run 2.4s, but your wheels better be REALLY true and you should make the dropout slots deeper for clearance at the bottom bracket.

I like your plan!

I've used 26x2.125 which I think look great with or without fenders,. naturally you have more a headache with, but when fitted right look really slick., like the fenders are painted on ;) Im on 26x1.75 Bridgestones right now.

Latest posts

Back