*Silent Assassin* - Rear Fender Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been checking out all of the BO9 builds from afar and have come away awestruck by the talent and creativity involved in this year's field. It has inspired me to quietly resume with finishing Silent Assassin. In terms of minor updates, the headlight shell has been mounted to the front fender and trusses. Minor modifications also have been made to the mounting of the front fender as well as the rear fender and springs. With the tires rolling freely or without rubbing on the fenders, I can now shift my focus to the drive train and hope to make this a roller pretty soon. I will post pics of the updates very soon as well. I wish all of the participants in B09 nothing but the best of luck :thumbsup:!!!

Hey buddy, glad to see you haven't stopped working on SA. Are you going to jump into BONINE?

Hey buddy, glad to see you haven't stopped working on SA. Are you going to jump into BONINE?
Kingfish...good to hear from you and looking forward to watching you build another masterpiece :praise:! Unfortunately, I've had to put in some crazy hours at my job over the past several months and won't be able to join the fun this year :(. Hopefully, I'll be able to assert my presence in next year's build off.

Really been liking your build,that Peerless is sweet looking,those straight lines are it.
Yep, pic number 2 m' lord!

Luke.
I like the Peerless better too.
Oh, very nice. That new frame is great!
The new frame is the bomb.:cool2:
I couldn't agree more!

Updates:
Good ol' fashioned backyard engineering....used tabs from a different set of fenders, mounted them underneath this fender, drilled a couple of holes on the edge of the fender, which allowed the rod to pass through and enabled for tightening of the rod nuts...hence aligning the fender straight and square to the frame and front tire.

https://www.flickr.com/people/93358045@N04/

Last edited:
Mounted the rear springs and trusses onto the seatpost...not necessarily simple, clean, or a thing of beauty but works for me for the time being...

Here's what she currently looks like. I don't the saddles that I have now will work with length of the frame, and thus I'm leaning towards installing a banana seat. I'm also leaning towards only having hub caps on the rear wheel instead of both. And because ape hangers are very commonly used on lowriders and/or stretched cruisers, I'm looking at using vintage chopper pullbacks for handlebars...stay tuned :113: !!!!

Last edited:
The same treatment used for the front fender was also utilized for the rear fender.

I decided to go back to this seat but keep the crash rail...just wanted to see what it looks like mounted to the post on the frame. I like the fact that the contours of the seat flow better with the frame and it possesses a wider or larger base than the previous seat. If I decide to use the seat, then in all likelihood I'll remove the old leather go strictly with the metal pan.

I also removed the seat springs because I felt it drew attention away from the double springs on the rear end. It also allowed me to place the seat post as close to the double springs as possible giving that area a more uniformed appearance. The brace(s) that mounts the seat springs together along with an additional bracket were used to provide stability to the middle of the seat.

https://www.flickr.com/people/93358045@N04/

And here's how the seat looks from a side view, which is shown as upright and level...

Last edited:
You pics aren't working.

I can't see them from work, home, or phone.

I just reposted one of the photos but wanted to make sure you guys can see it before reposting the rest.

I can see the last photo
14146668517_219361828d_z.jpg

Your build is all coming back to me after a year off. I like the adjustable fender stays on there. Gets it down and dirty. Keep building buddy!

Latest posts

Back