*Silent Assassin* - Rear Fender Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LBC.......That is one complex.......uh....RAT.... bike.:bigboss: I like it!...

Those look to be huge!

Luke.

Actually (even to my surprise), they're not as huge as you think. Where the grips go from one bar end to the other is only about 20 inches wide...much smaller width than they appear in the photo.

Last edited:
LBC.......That is one complex.......uh....RAT.... bike.:bigboss: I like it!...

It has been a very challenging build but one that I'm very pleased with so far. I appreciate the compliment.

Keep going on this bike -- I've really liked it since the beginning and want to see how it turns out. :)

Thank you very much. Even though I haven't posted any updated photos as of late, I have been working on the bike. The handlebars have been mounted and I love how it completely changes the look of the bike. I'm currently working on the seat, using a prewar sweetheart skiptooth sprocket as a mounting base for a tractor seat. Once I get the seating configuration resolved, the bike will be ready for a test ride.

primer reddish ratty rims...I can really see that with the frame...

Definitely would paint the rims primer red to match the frame if I were going to keep the paint on the frame. However, I've already decided to go bare metal and leave the rims black.

Stay tuned!!!!

For anyone following this thread, I know it's been several months since an update has been posted. Several unforeseen events have taken place over the past few months along with the fact that work has kept me extremely busy and away from the build. Luckily, I was recently able to get some time away from work, and the weather was nice enough yesterday to take a few pics of the only update I have for the build. In the last post, I mentioned having the handlebars mounted but never got around to posting a photo. Here is the before photo:

And here's the after photo:

Again, the skiptooth sprocket will be the mount point for a tractor seat pan, and the spring configuration is very much still a work in progress. However, I am open to suggestions or ideas about the type of seating arrangement that may go on the bike. I'm hoping to acquire the seat pan and any other items needed for the configuration by sometime next week. Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
Even though it's been quite some time since I posted any updates on this build, I wanted to let everyone who's followed this thread know that I've been quietly working on the bike to get it finished. I went back to the cantilever frame I initially started with. The Peerless frame looks better cosmetically, but the cantilever frame doesn't look bad either plus it's more functional for what I wanted to do. I have a universal tractor seat pan mounted and replaced the peaked front fender with a super deep Monark fender...couldn't be any happier with the result! The bike is ready for a test ride but I don't have a rear fender to match the front. I will post an updated photo of what the bike looks like very soon. Stay tuned :D!!!

Last edited:
Gotta show us some pics! Glad to see you haven't given up on this one!

Gotta show us some pics! Glad to see you haven't given up on this one!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Yes, pics please!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently my old Flickr account was compromised and I was unable to access it. So I just finished making a new account :113:. I was able to take at least one photo of what the bike currently looks like before the sun goes down, so without further adieu.......

Some very minor tweaking needs to be done to the front fender and she'll be good to go! Since I don't have a super deep Monark fender for the rear tire, I'm in limbo about what to do in regards to finding a rear fender that will compliment the one in the front. I'm open to all ideas and suggestions. There's more to come. Thanks for tuning in!!!!

Last edited:
You got so much going on in the back, you could run it like it is until you find a deep Monark. Any other fender just wouldn't be right.
Love teh tractor seat.

After patiently waiting for the past couple of months, I finally got my hands on the monark deep rear fender needed to put the finishing touch on the mock up. It should be arriving at my doorstep this coming Tuesday!

Yay fender!

I guess sometimes patience actually pays off.

That is one sick build.

Thanks!

I was able to mount the rear fender (without having to remove the rear hub caps) and so far no rub. I finally got the look I want. Now, it's time for a test ride. I will try to have an updated mock-up photo posted somtime this week.

Latest posts

Back