Silver Moon Velo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's up-date May 15th
Did the other side rail and checked everything for clearance. Pedals are perfect but the axel will need some work to get a better turning radius

Up-date May 16th
This build is New Ground for me so I expected some trouble areas. I had trouble with the axels on the Creasent Racer but though with the store bought axels I wouldn't have any problems---wrong. The Trouble was somewhat different but still a problem area. Lone story short--made a new axel and longer shackles and now everything's fine

May21 update. Bought a set of pedals and checked for side clearance. Not a big deal on most builds I guess but on a Velo yea your pedals got to clear the sides and have room for your feet

Up-date May23
Made the tie rod to link the front wheels. This sets up the next stage of getting the steering linkage done. Also had to add some tabs to aline the tie rod ends to get the correct pivot point for Ackerman steering.
checking pedal clearance and making tie rods seems boring to me and time consuming too. But it's all got to be done before I move on to the "next big thing" so that's what I did today.

may 27th up-date
Today I'm cutting plywood sandwich panels. The alum sides will be sandwiched by these panels then clamped, this will allow me to bend and peen over a 1/2" edge so I'll have something to pop rivet the top panels to.

May 28th up-date
First to answer Luke--in this build the edge doesn't have a large redis so only need to knock the sharp edge off the panel with the sander.
Got the alum sheets today and did one panel side.

I'm just glad you understand the Ackerman principle! Real important when said vehicle is pedal powered. Really nice work, I would have cheated and used coroplast.

Latest posts

Back