Silver Moon Velo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see this idea.
Good luck.

The insperation for the build is the cyclekarts of the teens and the French Mochet velocars.At the time Boardtrack racers were popular super/light motorcycle events run on indoor bicycle tracks,cyclekarts was also a hot fed using super/light race autos powered by motorcycle engs.

these models became the design for the compain build Cresent Racer(SEE BUILDS)
For the Build Off the tandem quadcycle will use the Mochet velocar as the blueprint

Almost had the axel done yesterday--but it needed more work--spent all morrning getting it right

but for this build I didn't have to build the spindels--there store bought,that will make this a lot better also having front brakes is really good--especially on a tandem.

OOOhhhhh man!!! You´re killing me!! This is OUTSTANDING!!! Wont be able to sleep because of this now,
MORE!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Waiting on parts at present. Really need the tires to arrive as I don't want to roll the new rims around bare.
And Monday's plan is to start on the back disk brakes--I have to add tabs for them. I did learn a lot doing a head start with the Crescent Racer--just added the tires to it. But for now it's the weekend--I have a bike ride/an out door movie and a bike show to do---so till Monday---have a great weekend.

Today's up-date May 8 2013
New tires--sometimes I have to stand back and see if things are going to plan--so far so good

also did one rear disk brake

Today I'm making braces to add to the frame. They will later be used to hold the body work.
I'm using a welding method I perfected when I was just a lad back in High School shop. It's been so successful that 90% of all welders use my method. It's Categorized by it's many weight saving voids which I'm sure add strength, it's also extremely easy to re-position the brace. Just snap it right off and re-weld. I'm sure you have heard of my method---it goes by the name" dirt dobber weld"

Latest posts

Back