BO15 SIMPLE GREEN ((*Bringing it to the finish line*))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool stuff here. :cool2:

I have some serious welder envy right now.
Thank you sir

I used to teach welding, was a certified inspector, and also hold several certs in robotic welding

Sadly, I rarely get to do it anymore since I don't own my own equipment any longer. Someday maybe.......

Right now it's a 4 hour drive up near Charlotte to have access to quality stuff, but that time is severely limited to after hours and only when the shop isn't making 200mph things that turn left. I can't risk getting my guy in a jam at his job

Got some stuff done in between a mountain of other things. Emptied out two storage units and now all the crap resides in my shop :(

She's a roller
IMG_20200829_231759216~2.jpg

No custom bars. Save those for something else when I have more fab time
IMG_20200829_231808827~2.jpg

Still have to drill and mount sissy bar and chain
IMG_20200829_231816828~2.jpg

Seat post mod worked well though!

More to come. One day to finish

More to come, but I forgot to mention that it took me 2 full hours to get the BB cups in place properly. Looks like the eBay frame had a mildly tweaked BB and since I never fully mocked it up I had to find out the hard way. Could not find my cup press and had to make one. Then I couldn't keep them straight and made at least 6 failed attempts. Then I used a drill and my angle grinder as a make shift lathe to remove some material from the cups. Still no joy. Cups in the freezer for awhile and frame in the sun finally did the trick, but I've never had one fight me like that

DUDE YOU PULLED OFF A SWEET LOOKING RIDE.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Back at it

Chain on, pedals, sissy bar, some stainless fasteners, and some doo dads

IMG_20200831_001002309~2.jpg
IMG_20200831_000931119~2.jpg

Skully approved

IMG_20200831_000848499~2.jpg

Added a tail light because "chopper" :grin:

IMG_20200831_003546952~2.jpg
IMG_20200831_003556545~2.jpg
IMG_20200831_003604276~2.jpg

Tried to go out for a quick shake out around the neighborhood and flatted the rear tube in the first 50 yards :doh:

New tube tomorrow, wipe off the grimey hand prints, and photos

Calling it good enough

Nice brake light placement. Now your tire will know that you are slowing down!
Kneesaver bars and stem were a good choice, gives it a performance attitude
Thanks Matti. Not the bars I wanted to pull off, but it is what it is

Tube fixed, coaster adjusted so it actually works. Test ride...........

Narrow bars - check
Sloppy rake - check
Flip flops - check
Still 10 toes - che..........wait

It almost went south, but all is well. Not a scratch :grin: Off for some photos tonight

I just realized, your seat post's a spring, or it can be made to flex.... Opening file cabinet.
I had contemplated making it flex and making a "floating" sissy bar if you will. Maybe on another build

I had even contemplated using carbon fiber pieces to make a leaf spring

Latest posts

Back